Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-23-2010, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by upidstay View Post
They sell timers for sprinklers. You can get a nice one at the Depot for around $50. You actually get up at 4am to water your lawn???

As far as the original post goes, NO you should never water at night if you can avoid it. Early morning is best as far as water efficiency goes. A mid afternoon watering is great, as it cools the plants off, but is very inefficient due to evaporation loss.
what if it rains I night?

should we go out to dry the grass??

Old 04-23-2010, 03:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by milike View Post
what if it rains I night?

should we go out to dry the grass??

Yes, get a bunch of Sham Wows...they are made in Germany and you know the Germans make good stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-23-2010, 03:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
Not a thesis ..... well established information on soils and irrigation scheduling that you will not find in your "ortho" joke book. Let's review the questionable or downright incorrect statements.

-Okay Sir! Here we go! yay

Wrong. Watering at noon not only increases evaporative losses, but in some areas where wind increases throughout the day, you also run the risk of increasing losses due to wind drift.

-yes, this all seem to be about US don't it? WE don't water at noon because WE lose water. We water at morning/evening because WE save water. WE don't care about WHEN the plants NEED water, WE only care about the money in our pockets. DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW PLANTS LOSE WATER YOU SILLY non-ignorant mess?

Beyond the fact you are just pulling an AR out of thin air, why even state an AR when using an oscillating sprinkler? You don't actually believe you have good DU with this sprinkler ... do you?

--I have no clue what you just stated, so this is not even worth commenting.

Once again, pulling AR out of thin air.

--Again, plain English will do fine. Don't be pulling acronyms like you have a PhD in watering plants. Talk to me like a child.

This is just plain ignorant.

--Yes, I am ignorant. I am ignorant of mostly anything humans like to say. I don't care if you are a scientist or the other side. I like to form my own conclusions from my senses.

NOW, since we got that cleared up. Let me provide you with actual data on when NATURE waters and its result. Yes, that is right, Nature... not some study done by university, or soil testing/whatever mess you look at.

Tropical Rainforest Precipitation. Google it, learn for yourself. Learn about transpiration from the trees, shade, sunlight, etc. Lawn acts exactly like a mini-rainforest.

"A distinctive diurnal pattern of cumulus cloud development in the morning, precipitation in the early afternoon, followed by dissipating clouds towards the late afternoon is typical."

An example...

Hourly Rainfall Distribution for Kuala Lumpur

Now, if that doesn't convince you. Then go research about Greenhouse.

Still not convinced? Go live outside for 24hours. You will notice the highest amount of liquid consumed will be in early afternoon.

Forgive me, I am an idiot. "just pulling an AR out of thin air"

P.S. The healthiest part of my lawn is where my dryer ventilation is.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
Yes, get a bunch of Sham Wows...they are made in Germany and you know the Germans make good stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device
Geez, and here I thought you just went outside with your sidearm and start shooting wildly into the sky, skipping around shouting yeehaw, and occasionally use the heat from the muzzle to dry the grass.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Geez, and here I thought you just went outside with your sidearm and start shooting wildly into the sky, skipping around shouting yeehaw, and occasionally use the heat from the muzzle to dry the grass.
If shooting into the sky would punch rain holes in clouds I'd do it, otherwise my sidearm stays well on my side.

Since you are from Kalifornia I figure you hugged trees and held hands with men...maybe we are both wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-23-2010, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowss View Post
NOW, since we got that cleared up. Let me provide you with actual data on when NATURE waters and its result. Yes, that is right, Nature... not some study done by university, or soil testing/whatever mess you look at.
ROFL ... do you live in Malaysia? What does your chart have anything to do with irrigating in the United States or more importantly on any one single site? Get real dude.

Quote:
Forgive me, I am an idiot. "just pulling an AR out of thin air"
Apparently you are an idiot, because even someone who knows almost nothing about irrigation would know what the abbreviation AR stands for. It was a test to see if you have even the most basic knowledge .... apparently you don't. I suggest you stick to cutting grass and leave everything else to those of us who are qualified.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
If shooting into the sky would punch rain holes in clouds I'd do it, otherwise my sidearm stays well on my side.

Since you are from Kalifornia I figure you hugged trees and held hands with men...maybe we are both wrong.
At least we don't engage in inbreeding out here.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
ROFL ... do you live in Malaysia? What does your chart have anything to do with irrigating in the United States or more importantly on any one single site? Get real dude.

--No, I do not live in Malaysia but clearly you haven't noticed that I pointed that graph as an EXAMPLE and it's relation to a lawn. I don't leave any loopholes in my posts so don't bother picking it apart.

Apparently you are an idiot, because even someone who knows almost nothing about irrigation would know what the abbreviation AR stands for. It was a test to see if you have even the most basic knowledge .... apparently you don't. I suggest you stick to cutting grass and leave everything else to those of us who are qualified.

--Are you forgetting what section of the forum you are on Mister? Homeowner Assistance Forum

--English 101 is around the corner to your right. Wait, my right, never yours.
Adding 10 characters.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
At least we don't engage in inbreeding out here.
That's Alabama.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-23-2010, 04:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
No, I do not live in Malaysia but clearly you haven't noticed that I pointed that graph as an EXAMPLE and it's relation to a lawn. I don't leave any loopholes in my posts so don't bother picking it apart.
There is no relation between a rain forest and a lawn .... other than they both contain plants.

Quote:
Are you forgetting what section of the forum you are on Mister? Homeowner Assistance Forum
I'm sorry .... does that translate into bad information forum? Either present the correct information, or don't bother to post.