Register free!

Old 04-22-2010, 02:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

good news for the pros from dover

i just received a call from josh from armada tech., the pro 600 that i loaned the pros is being replaced with a pro 700.

i bought the pro 600 as a backup to my 521 the first year that they were available, the machine came to me with a glitch of sorts which i reported to pro tech.

bruce gave me a return number and i got busy and forgot about sending it in, my fault totally.

when mike leary said that they were doubting the working condition of their 521 i sent the pro 600 and an explanation of the glitch to russ, he in turn found the "stealth solenoid" using the 521 receiver and the 600 transmitter.

bruce offered to look at the 600 and man, today josh informs me that they are replacing the 600 receiver with a 700 receiver which will be shipped to the isle of bainbridge on monday.

it's not often that a company will step up to the plate for a customer this long after purchase, it may have been that i never put much time on the locator or that i have always been honest about the transaction. this was my fault not theirs. i am very grateful to bruce and josh from armada, not only for going overboard to make this happen, but josh went the extra mile with his testing of the receiver, even going to the engineer in california about the problem.

josh also told me that he had no field experience locating so i told him to take the unit home and work with it over the weekend, if bruce is available i think he'll work with josh. hands on experience will make him a better troubleshooter.

i would never hesitate doing business with armada and even though i use the 521 most and have talked to david lopez from tempo-textron a number of times, i got to like a guy that answers his own phone, bruce does.

i hope that russ takes advantage of the pro 700 and has his 521 factory inspected.

hell, he might even buy a 700, and mike will take the 521 and fund his next road trip with mini seminars.

in closing i would really like to thank the crew at armada for what they have done for us, i'll never forget it.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

So what other locators do you have in your arsenal? Would that METROTECH 810 make a solenoid scream like the 521 does? I bought a used 501 and it was strictly a wire tracer. Told you nothing at arriving at a solenoid.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
So what other locators do you have in your arsenal? Would that METROTECH 810 make a solenoid scream like the 521 does? I bought a used 501 and it was strictly a wire tracer. Told you nothing at arriving at a solenoid.
pete,

i have a 521 and what i'll call a pro 650, a tr4110 catv, a dynatel 573 dl / frame, fisher split box and an old metrotech something or other, i also have a magnawand, the TDR and tons of stuff from the aqua to the magna you might say.

i'm not sure what what freq. the 810 operates at but it isn't high enough to identify the solenoid alone. the protech and tempo valve locators work at 1,748,000 cycles per second/1748khz.

if a guy's looking to find cable drops lets say, a single freq locator, something cheap is ok, you're doing your own digging anyway.

if you're locating all utilities as a private locator, you have to have versitility and the more frequencies you have available to you the better.

pete you mentioned that you might like to do some montana locating, if you can get a lead and accepted they'll train and equip you.

you can see the locating equip i have on my cp picture albums

i'm hanging out to move cows right now, the sales supposed to be a good one tomorrow
Old 04-22-2010, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
i hope that russ takes advantage of the pro 700 and has his 521 factory inspected. hell, he might even buy a 700, and mike will take the 521 and fund his next road trip with mini seminars.
That speaks highly for a company to step up; it's also excellent p.r., something most companies have forgotten. Great idea about the seminars, since Russ just stole a new Calsense spec binder that was supposed to be delivered to me, I might just miss-lay his 521. Thanks for all your help, Jim, looking forward to seeing you up north.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
That speaks highly for a company to step up; it's also excellent p.r., something most companies have forgotten. Great idea about the seminars, since Russ just stole a new Calsense spec binder that was supposed to be delivered to me, I might just miss-lay his 521. Thanks for all your help, Jim, looking forward to seeing you up north.
The 521 is safe and sound. You forget that I have a fire pit the size of your truck bed. So unless you pipe down, the binder has had it!
Old 04-23-2010, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Jim's got my interest way up on locators.

This does tracking and fault finding.

http://cgi.ebay.com/3M-DYNATEL-2273-...item2eac8b46e5
Old 04-29-2010, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

dr john

heard anything about the pro-650's date of arrival?

if it was mailed monday, you should be playing with it this weekend or early next week.

bruce sent me some emails the last couple days, i've talked to him about the TDR some, he is a minor owner in a company that makes TDR's.

i think it would be really cool if they could make a low end TDR geared for irrigation locating, it'd be a good addition to their irrigation locating product line

Old 04-30-2010, 01:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
dr john

heard anything about the pro-650's date of arrival?

if it was mailed monday, you should be playing with it this weekend or early next week.

bruce sent me some emails the last couple days, i've talked to him about the TDR some, he is a minor owner in a company that makes TDR's.

i think it would be really cool if they could make a low end TDR geared for irrigation locating, it'd be a good addition to their irrigation locating product line

Looking forward to it!
Old 05-01-2010, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

john malt sent these to me last nite, the pro-650 is back in friendly hands and ready to rock and roll.

i have to thank bruce and josh at armada for addressing this issue and i'm sure that the 650 is going to be well tested long before i can get my grubbs on her,

forgot the pics

Last edited by 1idejim; 05-01-2010 at 02:05 PM. Reason: hit wrong button
Old 05-01-2010, 02:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
john malt sent these to me last nite, the pro-650 is back in friendly hands and ready to rock and roll.

i have to thank bruce and josh at armada for addressing this issue and i'm sure that the 650 is going to be well tested long before i can get my grubbs on her,

forgot the pics
they even sent some headphones with it
Attached Images