Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-03-2010, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i just received the pro-650 in my grubby lil ol hands, i'd like to once again thank bruce nelson for the way in which he stands behind his equipment and his customers, he's a pleasure to do business with and i'm sure we'll be doing much more.

the pros, maybe i'm bias but it's hard to say enough good about russ berg and his company.

this whole ride started with ML not being sure about the 521 they were using, i offered the pro-600 and russ accepted the offer......we found the phantom stealth solenoid via AT&T and some resourcefullness....we also found out that the 521 was ok and that circumstances with which the pros weren't familar with were prolly the cause of the pss (phantom stealth solenoid) being overlooked....in the meantime bruce nelson had me send the then pro-600 in for a checkup and the pro-650 was born.

mike leary and russ berg, a couple of guys to ride the river with, hats off to ya
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2010, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks, Jim, you've got my vote for some of the most help full information we've ever had on the forum.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:37 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
pete,

i have a 521 and what i'll call a pro 650, a tr4110 catv, a dynatel 573 dl / frame, fisher split box and an old metrotech something or other, i also have a magnawand, the TDR and tons of stuff from the aqua to the magna you might say.

i'm not sure what what freq. the 810 operates at but it isn't high enough to identify the solenoid alone. the protech and tempo valve locators work at 1,748,000 cycles per second/1748khz.

if a guy's looking to find cable drops lets say, a single freq locator, something cheap is ok, you're doing your own digging anyway.

if you're locating all utilities as a private locator, you have to have versitility and the more frequencies you have available to you the better.

pete you mentioned that you might like to do some montana locating, if you can get a lead and accepted they'll train and equip you.

you can see the locating equip i have on my cp picture albums

i'm hanging out to move cows right now, the sales supposed to be a good one tomorrow
I use a 521 but I want to upgrade to a pro 700 or a new 521 because the reciver is longer and can be probed in to bushes and such. I also have a Goldak split box that I use for utilities and it has a nice feature, it will induce the signal just by placing the transmiter over or next what ever you are tracing. Its not as strong a signal when inducing but if you can't clamp on its great. I also have a progressive tone generator and amplifier which is great for IDing a single conductor in a bundle, it will also work with the 521. I am self tought with all of these tools so I am sure I am not using them to there full potential I wish I could take some kind of course.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-04-2010, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmonster304 View Post
I use a 521 but I want to upgrade to a pro 700 or a new 521 because the reciver is longer and can be probed in to bushes and such. I also have a Goldak split box that I use for utilities and it has a nice feature, it will induce the signal just by placing the transmiter over or next what ever you are tracing. Its not as strong a signal when inducing but if you can't clamp on its great. I also have a progressive tone generator and amplifier which is great for IDing a single conductor in a bundle, it will also work with the 521. I am self tought with all of these tools so I am sure I am not using them to there full potential I wish I could take some kind of course.
Posted via Mobile Device
http://www.goldak.com/inner/purchase/pdf/902manual.pdf

i sent you a pm, i need your email to send the pdf's, can't send attachments on pm.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
i just received a call from josh from armada tech., the pro 600 that i loaned the pros is being replaced with a pro 700.

i bought the pro 600 as a backup to my 521 the first year that they were available, the machine came to me with a glitch of sorts which i reported to pro tech.

bruce gave me a return number and i got busy and forgot about sending it in, my fault totally.

when mike leary said that they were doubting the working condition of their 521 i sent the pro 600 and an explanation of the glitch to russ, he in turn found the "stealth solenoid" using the 521 receiver and the 600 transmitter.

bruce offered to look at the 600 and man, today josh informs me that they are replacing the 600 receiver with a 700 receiver which will be shipped to the isle of bainbridge on monday.

it's not often that a company will step up to the plate for a customer this long after purchase, it may have been that i never put much time on the locator or that i have always been honest about the transaction. this was my fault not theirs. i am very grateful to bruce and josh from armada, not only for going overboard to make this happen, but josh went the extra mile with his testing of the receiver, even going to the engineer in california about the problem.

josh also told me that he had no field experience locating so i told him to take the unit home and work with it over the weekend, if bruce is available i think he'll work with josh. hands on experience will make him a better troubleshooter.

i would never hesitate doing business with armada and even though i use the 521 most and have talked to david lopez from tempo-textron a number of times, i got to like a guy that answers his own phone, bruce does.

i hope that russ takes advantage of the pro 700 and has his 521 factory inspected.

hell, he might even buy a 700, and mike will take the 521 and fund his next road trip with mini seminars.

in closing i would really like to thank the crew at armada for what they have done for us, i'll never forget it.
I love my 700 EACH AND EVERY DAY!!!!