Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-22-2010, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Anybody using--AGGRAND Natural Organic Fertilizer

AGGRAND Natural Organic Fertilizer made by amsoil oil co.Anybody tried this pricy stuff?A dealer stopped by my nursery and gave me a Qt.It takes 2-3 oz. per gal so a qt would not last long.
Thanks,
tony
Old 04-24-2010, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Bumped Up

Anybody tried this product?
Old 04-24-2010, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Their website liquidorganicfertilizer.com looks a little shady to me.
If I were you I'd ask for referrals before I placed any type of order.
...referrals meaning real companies with real contacts.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That's just one jobbers site.

AGGRAND
Old 04-25-2010, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Aggrand was developed by amsoil which I know is a great product.I was just interested if anyone on this forum has ever tried aggrand?The dealer left me a free QT. ,guess I'II run a little test,I'II try it on some hanging baskets.I do know it takes 2-3 Oz.per gal. and a Qt. cost $7.00-$8-00, so that will run up quick.
Thanks
Old 04-25-2010, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Fish is commonly used as a nitrogen and amendment source, some fish can be very stinky and some is not

Yes you need to trial it and see if the fish smell is acceptable to you and would you use it on a customers site

When fish is processed it has to be cooled as soon as it is fileted, if it is left out and ground up it begin to decompose and gets stinky

Once stinky you can't get it out

This sounds like a story but actually happened, I was testing a fish product and sprayed a 20 x 20 area in my own yard to "see" how it worked, I went out and walked the dog around the neighborhood, when I returned about 20 minutes later there were 5 vultures in the trees, they thought something had died and were looking for the carcass. It was very stinky fish
Old 04-25-2010, 03:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICT Bill View Post
........ when I returned about 20 minutes later there were 5 vultures in the trees, they thought something had died and were looking for the carcass.
Sounds like the organics forum.

"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine."
Old 04-25-2010, 06:03 PM
LawnSite Member

There is a way to get the "stink " out and that is to apply a drop or two of any extract that is powerful in itself . I use 1-2 drops of peppermint extract/ gallon to cover up manure smell of our product.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Within the last year or so, the formulation changed as to what is used to help with the odor. It used to have a mint oil in it I think. Not sure what they changed to. I have not used the current product but have the previous. I was very happy with the results of aggrand. It's odor was not so objectionable that I couldn't use it for houseplants and indoor grown produce. But then I am used to using natural fertilizers like bat guano and chicken manure. It did quite well and gave me robust plants and flowers. Someone here mentioned the odor being too strong but it's my guess it may have not be agitated in the drum when he drew off his first batches. I had read of this in the past where folks who drew off of a drum that had sat for some time, the smell was much more concentrated from settlement of the product.
The last I used it were two lawn apps at my home. I did not apply it commercially. I have not fertilized since the fall 08 app and the lawn is doing fine. I've also used it with great results on indoor grown greens like lettuces, spinach, kale,as well as the houseplants, and the lawn and garden. With 2 apps of Aggrand (the whole line, fert, kelp/potash, bonemeal, lime was used)the lawn seems to have better resistance to and recovery from rust than when I was using lesco at 3-5 apps/year.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the input.

Thanks for all the input.