Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-26-2010, 02:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Pricing Discounts

I am doing a new start-up fertilizing business. We are using my partners 2000 strong customer list to solicit business. Many of the customers have large home lawns and some have business properties that will also need quoting. After surveying the market based on the competition quoting my home lawn I have found that they are all between $6.50 and $7.75/K. I am going to be the highest because of the products we are using and my background and knowledge in agronomics and fertilizers. My question is does the competion discount their price if they are doing larger properties per stop or multiple properties for the same customer? Like doing 1 acre instead of 7/k.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Of coarse, it is a must to get bigger lawns if you want to compete. If the prices you pu up were to go for an acre lawn that would put it at 286-341. Around here that price is crazy. Usually if Im doing a 1 acre lawn I'll bid anywhere between 175 and 200 for a ballpark. Multiple acres I go even lower. I still get out bid alot by the bigger companies but the customers I have are happy to pay me more to do it.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info!!! What are your typical cost on the fert/K? Unfortunately they don't make what I am going to use in one bag so I have to mix three to four products together which is going to take up time. My costs on fert alone are about 1.70/K.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ya, ive found that the fert I put down is just as good as far as the customer is concerned as when I was using amino acids and micros, so my cost is a little under 1 dollar per k.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

What are you mixing? I don't have a problem with my fertilizer so my customers are real happy but I am curious if you are willing to share with us.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

51% Mesa, two organic ferts with almost everything in them and a granular micro package with 15% Fe.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

15% Fe, wow do you have any pics of a lawn youve been treating with this mix.. Is 15% iron healthy? I use synthetic with 3% and wanted to boost up my iron but wasnt sure if you could put to much down.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I only use a enough to kick my Fe percentage to about 5%. It also has mag, mn, zinc and copper in it.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Your lawn looks pretty good in the other thread. I need to get my lawns darker green. They look great but I know of at least 2 other companies that use the fertilizer I use and one of them is a lowballer. I need to make a point as to why my prices are what they are. My customers are happy but I want the best lawns out there not the same as others.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillie View Post
Your lawn looks pretty good in the other thread. I need to get my lawns darker green. They look great but I know of at least 2 other companies that use the fertilizer I use and one of them is a lowballer. I need to make a point as to why my prices are what they are. My customers are happy but I want the best lawns out there not the same as others.
Thanks Phillie! I'll respond by email if I can!

Tags
fertilizer