Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-28-2010, 01:51 PM
LawnSite Member

I need a new sprayer.

Last year I came across a product called Green Guardian made by Farm Crop Extracts. I tried it on a few properties and had very good results. I also came across a new walk behind spray unit by Earthway, the S25 liquid sprayer (http://www.earthway.com/product/sprayer/). My problem is, while the idea behind this product is good, the sprayer itself does not work well, at least not with this product. Perhaps the Green Guardian is too thick to work effectively. I found that the sprayer would stop spraying during the application and there was always liquid left that wouldn't spray out. In addition, the tank was very difficult to clean because there was no drain port on it. I would spray down the inside and then have to tip the whole machine upside down to empty it! I think I paid around $400 for the machine. Is there something comparable available? I don't anticipate doing a lot of accounts so it isn't feasible to purchase a gas powered spray setup. I really like the idea of a walk behind setup, or maybe one that I could mount to a ztr?