Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-30-2010, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Walker or Navigator users

Question for guys that use Walker or navigator mowers: How do you get clippings on your truck or trailer? Back on to trailer, dump on tarp and load, or what. How is your truck or trailer set up to do this?
Old 04-30-2010, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thats an easy one....tarp on your trailer....back onto your trailer.....dump onto your tarp and drive away happy with a smile on your face.

Now when you go to the dump.....drag tarp off the trailer.....2 minutes.

I try to never keep clippings on my truck. Get a big enough trailer to handle it all.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984buzzard View Post
Question for guys that use Walker or navigator mowers: How do you get clippings on your truck or trailer? Back on to trailer, dump on tarp and load, or what. How is your truck or trailer set up to do this?
I used a manure fork and just forked them up onto the dump. Its not as hard as it sounds once you get the "feel" for the job.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Use canvas bags lift onto truck no problem I can fit 8 on truck and thats about 11 houses . If interested send me a pm and ill look # up for you. they are great.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Member

go to this address for the ultimate easiest and best way to get it in your truck! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXq-bumS030
Old 04-30-2010, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

i know walker offers models with a lift system that lifts the "hopper" so you can dump it in your truck. or they sell canvas bags like what was suggested.

i personally don't use a walker or navigator but if i did i would probably go the canvas bag route. walkers and navigators are expensive enough without the lift system on it.

i use my truck to haul everything, brush debris, grass, mulch, etc. even when i had an open trailer i still dumped everything in the truck. i have a truck unloader. unroll the tarp, dump debris in truck bed, go to dump and crank her out........lol
Old 04-30-2010, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarden Of Eden View Post
go to this address for the ultimate easiest and best way to get it in your truck! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXq-bumS030
I had one of these units. Removed it after only 3 days of use. If you mow all flat lawns then it will work fine, but if you mow any hills the extra higth of the high lift frame throws off the traction, raises the center of gravity.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:59 AM
LawnSite Member

i remember getting a flyer for a self loading dump bed on a truck.....you backed up to the side of the truck and dumped into a bin and it lifted the load up into the dump box for you....i'll see if i can find it
Old 05-01-2010, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleC View Post
Thats an easy one....tarp on your trailer....back onto your trailer.....dump onto your tarp and drive away happy with a smile on your face.

Now when you go to the dump.....drag tarp off the trailer.....2 minutes.

I try to never keep clippings on my truck. Get a big enough trailer to handle it all.
I was thinking about buying a cargo trailer, so i am more intrested in loading in the bed, but now have a trailer with 2 foot side walls.

Thanks for everyones input
Old 05-01-2010, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Member

i got a walker about 2 weeks ago and got the dump bins they did not work with the new hopper design broght them back and picked up a canvas dump bag and liking it and want to get another one. if you are bye your self dont fill the bag up fully its freakin hard to get it into the back of a truck with out blowing a nut and im a big guy