Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-01-2010, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

replaced hydraulic pump and it didn't help.

I have had a problem with my mower on the left side for some time. I thought the l. wheel motor might be going out or the l. hydraulic pump. The pump was the cheaper of the two so I replaced it. It made no difference at all. All the symptoms remained the same. I took the old wheel motor apart and it was full of metal. The filter was full of metal and there was metal in the reservoir. Now I guess I will replace the wheel motor. It is a white ce14.I looked on ebay and didn't find one. Anybody know a source. Thanks
Old 05-02-2010, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Hopefully you have not damaged your new pump .... You will need to replace the wheel motor, you should open each hydraulic line and drain . Then at a min you need to triple flush the system with fresh oil each time and hydraulic filter each time . Its not cheap but you will need to do this to prevent further damage and contamination.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

And it's probably too late if you started it. Is the wheel motor broken or is the debris from a pump failure. Your description of your problem is somewhat vague. No drive at all, some drive, loss of power????????????????????
Old 05-02-2010, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The l. side has been weak for a few months, it finally got so bad it won,t hold a straight line on a small slope. It is very jerky when cold, but gets almost normal when hot. If i'm in a flat parking lot and hold both handles all the way forward it slowly goes left. There is a terrible noise when it is cold I would describe as the sound of fluid surging through a confined area. I was hoping it was the pump, but the new pump made no difference at all. I took the pump apart and it was full of metal shavings. I was surprised that the tank had metal in it. How did it get past the filter? I looked on ebay and saw a lot of wheel motors, but not a white ce14. Are any of the other pumps compatible as a replacement? Such as a parker motor or a different series white motor. I had to replace the r. side wheel motor when the mower was 18 months old. It was under warranty. It didn't go out gradually like this one it went out in just a couple of days.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The mower is a hustler mini z. I bought it new in 2006. It has about 700 hours on it.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I can't find any sites that list the white motor I need by the ce14 number that the hustler manual says my mower has. Is the motor I need known by another number.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Member

http://www.wiseequipment.net/pages/p...0/default.aspx
$572.81
http://www.cirrusoutdoorpower.com/pa...0/default.aspx
$510.65

Number 18 on the breakdown hustler part #791152
Old 05-02-2010, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Its real hard to determine what failed here, if you had debris in the pump and you also have it in the wheel motor. You say the unit was pulling to the left and making noise and since the pump supplies the flow to the wheel motor I would say your pump failed and took the wheel motor with it , you filter is only going to catch so much. I would also say that since there is debris in your tank I would be very concerned that your other wheel motor and pump are damaged or contaminated . save your self the trouble and aggravation and take it to a dealer and let them figure it out . It may cost you now but it may save you in the long run you could get it all together and think your out of the woods and it starts all over again . All it takes it one small piece of debris to wipe out a hydraulic system
Old 05-02-2010, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The fluid in the tank is not filtered, it comes from the return line (thats why you have metal shavings in it. The filter is on the pump inlet line. The fluid is only filtered after it leaves the tank. If you tried to run it after replacing the pump and did not clean out or replace the wheel motor and did not flush the system you already destroyed the new pump. At this point I would suggest biting the bullet and replacing the pump and motor, clean all the hoses, clean the tank and replace the filter. The other side normally would be ok because the filter will keep contaminates from getting to the other side, but since you have been running it this way for a while there is a chance that some shavings have made it past the filter and have already damaged the other pump.