Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-24-2011, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I like when they say,"were not a good fit for everyone...." (means theyre a rip off.)
"Not everyone is a good fit for us...." ( means; "not a sucker')

Also This looks verbatum like a response they said earlier on another post.

They can expidite growth if you're in the early stages of development (only have 1-3 trucks) but I don't see how, as all they supply is quickbooks type support and a cold call list and the rest is up to you as long as you buy exmark and white trucks.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...10#post4099310

Ex-mark 60" mulch kit with oregon high lift blades for sale MAKE OFFER! http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=364386

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t...ighlight=agape

Old 01-24-2011, 12:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot James View Post
6.29 to 12.22 - that was the time it took this "franchise" to answer a question??? I would say this a a good indication on what type of support they give - STAY AWAY! They should stay off this site or fire the guy in charge of this site.
this site doesn't exist for us but rather for anyone who buys advertising, no matter what a ripoff it is. letting us forum with each other is only a sales tool for such advertising.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...10#post4099310

Ex-mark 60" mulch kit with oregon high lift blades for sale MAKE OFFER! http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=364386

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t...ighlight=agape

Old 01-24-2011, 02:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agape View Post
I like when they say,"were not a good fit for everyone...." (means theyre a rip off.)
"Not everyone is a good fit for us...." ( means; "not a sucker')

Also This looks verbatum like a response they said earlier on another post.

They can expidite growth if you're in the early stages of development (only have 1-3 trucks) but I don't see how, as all they supply is quickbooks type support and a cold call list and the rest is up to you as long as you buy exmark and white trucks.

Also don't forget giving them 4% of your gross.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:27 AM
Sponsor

The misconceptions in recent posts are too numerous to count. I encourage you to re-read the entire thread. One example; you are not required to run eXmark mowers. They happen to be one of our partners on the equipment side of the business (and they are a great organization). We have a great purchasing program in place with them, but you are not required to purchase mowers from them. Another example; QuickBooks support and a database of potential customers is only a small fraction of what is provided, which was made quite clear by previous posts.

As to our credibility as an organization; 25 years of successfully franchising our concept validates what we do. There are plenty of 3rd party companies that have investigated U.S. Lawns. I encourage you to continue to do your research. The facts are out there.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

30 grand buys a ton of advertising that could grow ANY company into a multicrew, big commercial account servicing outfit. 30 grand could buy a turn key operation with equipment and accounts. I researched dozens of franchises and they all seem to universally favor the franchise over the franchisee. It seems you end up being your own employee and watching what little profit comes in go to corporate.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-25-2011, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

i wanted to do it but the sarasota franchise opportunities are locked out already.

------------
Frontier Lawn's Website
-----------

http://www.givemeliberty.org/
Old 01-25-2011, 10:35 AM
LawnSite Member

If it is not for you, thats fine. But why keep beating a dead horse!
Old 01-26-2011, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well im glad the U.S. Lawns guy replied, he said exactly what i thought he would. He hits on the 25 years of franchisee build up of a business model conceived by small but lucrative company. Seems as if, we as members of Lawn Site would look a Sean Adams model of a successful business, it isn't to far off of U.S. Lawns structure but sure cost a lot less.

Thanks Sean for breaking down the barriers of being able to successfully build a reputable business with out all the cost.

If you guys look, Sean has laid out all the tools, all he charges is pennies over the cost of the material to bring it to you.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:11 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
30 grand buys a ton of advertising that could grow ANY company into a multicrew, big commercial account servicing outfit.[/i][/size]
30 g's in advertising could gain a man a lot of money in the market. With the economy the way it is I am sure all you FL guys could see my mug on the Brighthouse channel every night for that price tag and would most likely have a doorhanger from me on your door.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 01-26-2011, 07:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskier View Post
Well im glad the U.S. Lawns guy replied, he said exactly what i thought he would. He hits on the 25 years of franchisee build up of a business model conceived by small but lucrative company. Seems as if, we as members of Lawn Site would look a Sean Adams model of a successful business, it isn't to far off of U.S. Lawns structure but sure cost a lot less.

Thanks Sean for breaking down the barriers of being able to successfully build a reputable business with out all the cost.

If you guys look, Sean has laid out all the tools, all he charges is pennies over the cost of the material to bring it to you.
Right on !!!