Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-06-2010, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Member

skidsteer rent to own programs

who has any info on them? i am looking into buying one mainly for snow removal but it will see use all year around. i was looking into the new holland and pay on the winter months but i see that they are kinda a shity company to deal with. im interested in the new john deere 333d as well or some bobcat models. im interested in hearing every ones oppions and info on the programs. i have been able to find any of their info on such machines.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguru View Post
who has any info on them? i am looking into buying one mainly for snow removal but it will see use all year around. i was looking into the new holland and pay on the winter months but i see that they are kinda a shity company to deal with. im interested in the new john deere 333d as well or some bobcat models. im interested in hearing every ones oppions and info on the programs. i have been able to find any of their info on such machines.
I would consider the following to save some money. I think that buying a 3000 plus ROC machine is a bit of a waste if your mostly moving snow with it. Reason is you don't need that much capacity to push snow. All you really need is about 2600 pounds of lift, a two speed, maybe high flow if you want to run a blower and a cab with heat. A Bobcat S250, CASE 445, NH L180, Deere whatever their new numbers are for this size will handle snow just fine, and for less fuel and less upfront money. The largest machines are expensive and I think your wasting money by purchasing more machine than you need, at least for this task. I would try to round up some other work for it in the Summer regardless. Always a little scary depending on the weather to make a payment on an expensive piece of equipment.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Member

someones gotta know the deal with these programs. im looking at the bigger machines cause i dont want to be limited to what the machine can do. it will get used for all kinds of stuff around the house and moto tracks. it will be used for many different things.

what models do you own? im looking at mostly tracked machines but i am thinking about tired for the price difference and the maintenance factors.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know about the RTO programs, but I wouldn't buy a CTL for sure if you're planning on using it for snow removal. It will do o.k. on fresh snow, but once it's driven on or has ice underneath, you will wish you had something else. That makes your choices ASV or Cat with the suspended undercarriage, or a wheeled machine. I would go with the wheeled machine and maybe consider VTS tracks if you need more traction or stability.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerman21 View Post
I don't know about the RTO programs, but I wouldn't buy a CTL for sure if you're planning on using it for snow removal. It will do o.k. on fresh snow, but once it's driven on or has ice underneath, you will wish you had something else. That makes your choices ASV or Cat with the suspended undercarriage, or a wheeled machine. I would go with the wheeled machine and maybe consider VTS tracks if you need more traction or stability.

that was kind of my thought to but ive heard somme of the tracks dont do so well in the snow. im not against the tires as they seem to be cheaper to maintain and are pretty good in most areas.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have a CASE 465 with wheels and a CASE 440 with VTS. I can appreciate not wanting to have too small a machine. Just something to think about. Usually unless you have plans for very heavy lifting the difference between the 2600 ROC machines and the 3K and over other than the difference in ROC is minimal. The hp jumps are small, the ROC is the main difference and the price.

My 465 is an incredible machine. It really is like a smaller wheel loader, but it sucks fuel and it was freaking expensive. If I did not "need" that kind of machine, I would not have it.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
I have a CASE 465 with wheels and a CASE 440 with VTS. I can appreciate not wanting to have too small a machine. Just something to think about. Usually unless you have plans for very heavy lifting the difference between the 2600 ROC machines and the 3K and over other than the difference in ROC is minimal. The hp jumps are small, the ROC is the main difference and the price.

My 465 is an incredible machine. It really is like a smaller wheel loader, but it sucks fuel and it was freaking expensive. If I did not "need" that kind of machine, I would not have it.
I would love to have a 465/95XT but really wonder if spending the money on a 621B or C would be better? I know for snow work the loader will make way more money than a skid.