Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-09-2010, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bobcat Oil Leak

My T300 Bobcat recently developed a large hyd oil leak, and I believe its coming from the main pump area. I first noticed it the other day, as it started with 2 drips on the trailer floor. The next day with out even runing it, my trailer was covered in hyd oil. I looked and felt arround the best I could(how can anyone work on these things?) and it was wet under the hyd pump. It is also wet on top and bottom of the area where the forward/backward levers connect in this area(not sure what its called). Is this common or what else should I look at? Thanks
Old 05-09-2010, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanabe View Post
My T300 Bobcat recently developed a large hyd oil leak, and I believe its coming from the main pump area. I first noticed it the other day, as it started with 2 drips on the trailer floor. The next day with out even runing it, my trailer was covered in hyd oil. I looked and felt arround the best I could(how can anyone work on these things?) and it was wet under the hyd pump. It is also wet on top and bottom of the area where the forward/backward levers connect in this area(not sure what its called). Is this common or what else should I look at? Thanks

As tight as it is in there, it could be another hose leaking on to the drive. I would not start crying a river just yet. The easiest thing to do is power wash it spotless and then run it and recheck. That should help narrow down the problem.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
As tight as it is in there, it could be another hose leaking on to the drive. I would not start crying a river just yet. The easiest thing to do is power wash it spotless and then run it and recheck. That should help narrow down the problem.

Thats the plan for now, just wondering is there was a common problem in this area? This thing has got to be the most hard to work on machine on earth! Im about to drop the belly pan under it, not sure if this will help with access to this area or not?
Old 05-10-2010, 06:47 AM
LawnSite Member

please check on the bottom of the hydrostat for plug that might be loose and it could have a blown Oring. It is not possible to see the area unless with a mirror or maybe remove belly pan
Old 05-10-2010, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Worst case scenario is a leaking fitting that dripped a pond of oil in the belly pan and some crud that plugged up the drain holes have come out, or it's a chaffed hose to and from the pumps, I had that problem many times.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 05-10-2010, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How bad is it to drop the belly pan? One man job or not? Thanks
Old 05-10-2010, 07:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Location: Louisville KY mainly... I bounce from place to place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanabe View Post
How bad is it to drop the belly pan? One man job or not? Thanks
Not hard, just get ready to be covered in oil.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson M Martin View Post
please check on the bottom of the hydrostat for plug that might be loose and it could have a blown Oring. It is not possible to see the area unless with a mirror or maybe remove belly pan
Where exactly is this plug located at? On the pump that closest to the drive belt? I power washed it off today, and I hope I can find the source. There is no way to remove the belly pan on the T300, as the UC frame is bolted to it.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:56 AM
LawnSite Member

it has been a while now since i had that plug come loose...but if i recall right then the plug is about on the center of machine.
You should be able to flip up the cab and then start the machine and try to drive slowly and whatch for any hydraulic leaks
Old 05-14-2010, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, found the leak. It is coming from the very top of the hydo unit that drives the right side of the machine. Its leeking at the very top, looks like under the 2 inch round rubber cover. Anyone know if there is a way to reseal it? Or what all is involved?