Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-20-2011, 07:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

PerfectEarth that is some nice looking work. I didn't read all the pages so this may have been asked before...how do you like the Toro Dingo?
Old 04-20-2011, 07:51 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyK View Post
PerfectEarth that is some nice looking work. I didn't read all the pages so this may have been asked before...how do you like the Toro Dingo?
Thank you! The Dingo is great. There's nothing to not like about it. Sometimes it's a bit slow, like if you're moving soil from one place to another or making long trips. And I wish it wouldn't tip so easily with a big load- Seems it can easily lift more than you can let it.

Sometimes it sits for a month without use. That sucks too.

www.PerfectEarthLandscape.com

Follow my updates and pictures on Facebook and LawnSite
Old 04-20-2011, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Started this today (well, we blew out beds yesterday) and have to finish in the morning- It rained an inch last night and this place was a soupy mess. Edged in the morning and the bedlines were filling with water. Not how I like to do work- but we have to attempt to stay somewhat on schedule... which is near impossible with the rains we've had. The very back of this yard had a foot of water in it this morning in the low spot. Had to dig a channel thru a berm so it would drain. Skipped that part for tomorrow morning.

It's more of a natural, garden-style yard. After we do the heavy edging and mulch the homeowner goes all out, plugging in annuals and it really looks great in the summer. She's a good gardener. When I started doing this yard a few years ago, there basically were no beds. We've just defined everything. Dug and moved a lot of stuff around too.
Attached Images

Old 04-20-2011, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, you have that edging and mulching thing down pretty good. I think I would actually let you touch my beds at home...
Old 04-20-2011, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a truck and a trailer and a few wheelbarrows too. And some scoop shovels!!
Attached Images

Old 04-20-2011, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ive used the dingo a few times and I really like it. Im more a fan of the comparable ditch witch model. The tiller attachment they have is awesome for prepping planting beds, but I like the toro for the harley rake attchment. Each one has its nitch and cant be used in the other. I have tried grading and such with the dw using the tiller it sucks, you bring all sorts of rocks and other garbage to the surface. and the dingo doesnt work that well creating a nice loose fluffly planting bed. The toro dealer doesnt have a tiller attachment, and the dw dealer doesnt have a harley rake attachment. Its a pain in the but.

When we do our planter beds, we till the soil, rake out the rocks and large chunks, dress it with about 2" of organic soil (mix of compost and dried manure) till it all in, then rake out any other large chunks that came up, and were done.

Sorry to get side tracked, but i truely believe every operation should have a mini unit like a dw or dingo. They work wonders on those small lawn installs for grading, installs, anything. And it beats lugging a huge skid loader around when you could do the same job probably more effeciently with one of those (depending on the site)
Old 04-21-2011, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Great thread man, Love seeing your work it's top notch.

Just a heads up, if a log falls out of your dump trailer while dumping and rips the tab that holds the gate back off, don't drive forward letting the gate dig into the ground.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitrack View Post
Great thread man, Love seeing your work it's top notch.

Just a heads up, if a log falls out of your dump trailer while dumping and rips the tab that holds the gate back off, don't drive forward letting the gate dig into the ground.
HA! Been there man.... dumped my first leaf load of the season in '08 (?) with the leaf box on and everything....forgot to swing back and pin one of the barn door gates. Ummmmm, yea. it was not good. bye bye gate. Had it untwisted and fixed in an hour at a close-by welding/metal shop.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Beep Beep. Hope I didnt make you lose grip of your scag today lol. Get the rain gear out its coming baby and lots of it.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Grundy View Post
Beep Beep. Hope I didnt make you lose grip of your scag today lol. Get the rain gear out its coming baby and lots of it.
HA!!!! Was that you in the red F150 and the Exmarks on Cherokee?? That's hilarious. For about 10 minutes after that, I was like "WhoTF was that??" I beat my brain trying to figure who that was.... I guess I know now. Nice to meet you!

That's one of my 3 "Thursday yards"... he's a full service customer and the top of the property is much nicer- I hate that backyard, mowing it will knock some teeth out. Lots of golf balls though.

A minute after you beeped, I lost one of the c-clips on my Velke and had to walk the rest of it. For some reason I was nauseous as Hell too...barely made it thru the afternoon.