Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-23-2011, 12:27 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We did this house this afternoon before a massive rainstorm. I love finishing a job on Friday and knocking out a good week. Bagged Cedar, weeded and edged, trimmed... fertilized and snapshot, like all of 'em.

I love laying good Cedar, it's pretty easy.
Attached Images

www.PerfectEarthLandscape.com

Follow my updates and pictures on Facebook and LawnSite
Old 04-23-2011, 03:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree laying anytype of cedar is nice and easy. We did a 12 yard western red cedar a week ago right after we finished a 10 yard double shredded hardwood. The cedar felt like it was about 1/2 its weight and had a much nicer smell to it.

That looks like a really good product to be bagged.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:35 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I think Cedar mulch looks good, but I can't seem to get it to smooth out like a dark double shred. The Cedar to me has always been "lumpy" and I have hard time make it look good spread. You did a good job with that though

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 04-23-2011, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectEarth View Post
HA!!!! Was that you in the red F150 and the Exmarks on Cherokee?? That's hilarious. For about 10 minutes after that, I was like "WhoTF was that??" I beat my brain trying to figure who that was.... I guess I know now. Nice to meet you!

That's one of my 3 "Thursday yards"... he's a full service customer and the top of the property is much nicer- I hate that backyard, mowing it will knock some teeth out. Lots of golf balls though.

A minute after you beeped, I lost one of the c-clips on my Velke and had to walk the rest of it. For some reason I was nauseous as Hell too...barely made it thru the afternoon.
Yea thats the first ive seen you out this year im sure there will be more honks. Nice strobes in the back i saw you a mile away all lit up lol. Just dont shoot a golf ball my way Im always in that area lol. Hope season is off to a great start according to the pics all look great.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Grundy View Post
Yea thats the first ive seen you out this year im sure there will be more honks. Nice strobes in the back i saw you a mile away all lit up lol. Just dont shoot a golf ball my way Im always in that area lol. Hope season is off to a great start according to the pics all look great.
That's the only place I get to turn on the warning lights besides doing snow.... and I'm glad to use them parked down there- the traffic gets crazy late afternoon and I hate parking there. Once I finish the backyard, I have to load up and go up top- there's no other way to do it.

Thanks for the honk. I'll keep an eye out for you. I still have a California plate on the front of that truck so it's most likely me if you spot it! Season is great so far...I've about tripled revenue to this point compared to last year.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

looks really nice...i think you would laugh if you saw the beds at the yards i cut at lol..there are very few here that look even half as good as those you do.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:13 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

i wish i could find someone like you in my area to cooperate with...i could do the mowing and they could do the landscaping and we could refer each other to customers. i don't mind trimming a few bushes or trimming some low hanging tree limbs but the bigger jobs i just can't do by myself.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Is it a wet spring down there? Up in new york we have goten a lot of rain. Temps are also below normal. What brand of handhelds do you use?
Old 04-24-2011, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Awesome like always. I have not seen anyone do work like you. Keep it up I like looking at your pictures. I do not come on alot anymore But I enjoy keeping up with your thread.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawncare18 View Post
Is it a wet spring down there? Up in new york we have goten a lot of rain. Temps are also below normal. What brand of handhelds do you use?
VERY wet. We are in a very bad pattern right now. In the past 36 hours, we've had around 4" of rain...5" more expected in the next 3-4 days. It won't clear up until Friday. We are WAY over on rain for the year so far.

I have all Stihl equipment, 9 or 10 pieces I think. I have the Echo bed re-definer, but I rarely use it (been too wet.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpeg lawn maintenance View Post
Awesome like always. I have not seen anyone do work like you. Keep it up I like looking at your pictures. I do not come on alot anymore But I enjoy keeping up with your thread.
Thanks a lot! I'll keep throwing up pictures as long as there is work to do!

Last edited by PerfectEarth; 04-24-2011 at 02:08 PM.