Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-16-2012, 06:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandoncuts54 View Post
your work really is on point man! love this thread i vote your the number one on lawnsite! keep the pics coming man love seeing them!
Ha Thanks... not sure about #1 but that's nice of you to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Green View Post
Looks good man. Guess you guys are pretty busy this year so far too.
Busiest season yet. Trying to take it one job at a time to stay sane. Having my partner and another guy helps a ton. Up most nights in the home office too late, trying to stay caught up on the paperwork end and e-mails (to not get behind)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguynextdoor View Post
After a second look, I realize that wasn't a dead grafted spruce. I thought there was one on each side of the door at a quick glance.
It's a 'Baby Blue Eye's' Spruce.... it only gets 12-14 ft. tall at maturity. There was a River Birch on that spot and we went back n forth deciding what to put there.

www.PerfectEarthLandscape.com

Follow my updates and pictures on Facebook and LawnSite
Old 04-16-2012, 07:39 AM
LawnSite Member

So the partnership is going well? Any negatives or second guessing at this point?
Old 04-16-2012, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1425 View Post
So the partnership is going well? Any negatives or second guessing at this point?
It is going well. Just what we expected I think. It's been a sacrifice on both our parts (in terms of pay) but we're both working really hard and he's brought some good business in.

We're really excited about the future.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Some stripes and other shots from today.... yes, I mow some grass too. Going to be buying a 52" Deere or Exmark soon. Any mower advice would be great. Always have run Scag but I want something different than a Turf Tiger.
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2012, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good man as always. Everything you do is fantastic.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 04-19-2012, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Member

My equipment pictures

My equipment includes a 6x12 SA 3500# trailer w cage, 3 tier trimmer rack and water cooler rack. I have an Exmark 52" commercial Lazer Z w 20 hp Kaw, 36" Hustler Fast trac with 15hp Kohler, Stihl FC75 edger, Shindaiwa 282, and Maruyama BCL2550 trimmers, Stihl BR400 blower and Shindaiwa Blower, and a 20" lawn boy push mower. In the cage I have a gravity feed 15gal fuel tank. All this is being pulled w a 2008 Nissan Titan 2wd crew cab.
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2012, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm running a 2010 52" exmark. I love this machine, I have had no problems other than replacing belts one per year so far. I'm always on top of the maintenance and oil changes.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Perfect Earth,

You asked for advice. You have answered my questions, figured I would return the favor. Hope my 2 cents helps.

The hospital system that I take care of purchased a Z930a (Currently 200hrs) with 60" MOD deck and a Z970a (150hrs) with 72" deck in October. Really like both of them a lot. Have had a few issues with the "comfort and convenience" package on the 970. Whenever there are wet clippings sticking to the underside of the 72" deck, the actuator strains a lot to pick up the weight of that extremely heavy deck. (The 7iron is a tremendous deck and has a great quality of cut, but it is extremely heavy.) However, I think I might could adjust the lift spring a little more to allow it to relieve some more of the weight of the deck. Just have to make sure that it doesn't remain "floated" after going over bumps.

However, back on to your topic, our Z930 has been superb to work with. It does not have the comfort and convenience package on it, but we did add the seat suspension kit since we have some very bumpy terrain at a few of my campuses. The ride is not as smooth as others, but with the suspension kit it is much more bearable. Even in Texas it can stripe quite well and leaves a very nice cut. The MOD is certainly a nice feature. I really like being able to close the deck and keep hardscapes cleaner than discharging all over them. The MOD handled leaves this year quite well. I didn't bag, but the 7iron MOD did a very good job of mulching those up and getting them down below the turf's canopy. I also like the MOD as opposed to a fixed mulching kit, because when the deck does start to hold clippings, the operator can move the MOD lever back and forth and knock a few of the clippings loose, where as a fixed mulch kits I've had before continue to get worse.

Those are a few of the observations I have made on our Z900's so far. Hope it helps you with your decision.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Also as far as maintenance is concerned, (so far) they have been very easy to service.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Stripes look great man.