Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-11-2010, 02:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Exmark metro 21" or Honda HRC

Looking to buy next week. Seeing what you all think? Can anyone give me pricing?
Old 05-11-2010, 08:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Toro commercial 21 . It's the exact same as Exmarks. It mulches and bags very well. I have no overall issues with it. My 21 ran me about $ 1, 100 before tax.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My exmark 21 is good to go even if its just a push model. Never ran a honda so can't comment on it.

Picture Thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ight=army+pics
Old 05-11-2010, 03:19 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMowerKing10 View Post
I have the Toro commercial 21 . It's the exact same as Exmarks. It mulches and bags very well. I have no overall issues with it. My 21 ran me about $ 1, 100 before tax.
You sure the new Toro Commercial 21" is the same as Exmarks? What exactly the Exmarks model. I am kind of looking at the Toro because it is the lightest of all the commercial mowers. The Toro site didn't say how thick the aluminum deck is. Do you have any idea? Their Heavy Duty is spec 1/4". Do you know whether it is belt driven or Hydro? I really don't want to get hydro because of the reliability and the cost of fixing.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The new exmarks are completly diffrent than the toro, any body else chime in im looking to buy the new exmark??
Old 05-11-2010, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Yall need to do some heavy duty research on the 2010 Exmark 21 in, I wanted to buy one and went to the dealer to look at it since it is a brand new machine. While at the dealer the one I was looking at was the cheaper model with zone start, the belt came off twice in the parking lotwhich concerned me since the one I wanted was going to cost me 1099 after 100 rebate. I reqested to that one out for a demo on yards that I cut. I was put off over and over until I finally got intouch with the distrbutor in Ga, he told me that he would ship one to me the model that I was wanting to by and if I liked it then it was mine. I waited almost a month and still no mower I got back with the distributor and told hime that needed a 21 in mower ASAP I was also looking at the Honda, he told me that the mowers had belt guide issues and the production was stopped so to save me the hassle I should buy the Honda which I did. I do like Exmark products I have a rider but I took his advice.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:03 PM
LawnSite Member

zak406, you are right it is totally different from the metro version that they sold last year that was why I waited until the new one came out, it looks real close to the old John Deere silver mower that was sold during the early 1990's , my old deere lasted 15 years and I was hoping the Exmark would do the same. Very disappointed in my demo.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I meant the 2009 model of the Exmark 21. The only difference is that there is a different bag and a different logo. The 21's are belt driven
Old 05-11-2010, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have the toro commerical which was the same as exmark until this year and a commerical honda. I would get a honda if I had to buy another, the honda seems to roll better, mulchs better and is cheaper price then the toro. I see the new exmarks use plastic wheels instead of metal like the old ones. Both are really good mowers and you really can't go wrong with either but I would go honda from using both.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We just had a customer who's getting married give us his wifes Honda HRT 216 Harmony II. It wasn't running when we got it a couple days ago, but I cleaned up the carb and now it runs pretty strong. Anyway, it is soooooo much easier to use than our Commercial Honda. Way lighter and the transmission is a lot less jerky. Theoretically, it shouldn't last as long (GCV engine vs. GXV) (Steel vs. Aluminium) (Belt tranny vs shaft) but time will tell. I hear there are hug transmission problems with these? Well, for now it will be put in line in front of our commercial for most of our yards. We have a few accounts that we just picked up that all they want is mowing (no edging or weedeating) so for those we will use both, but other than that it will get a chance to prove itself. and yes, I know its a homeowner model.