Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-21-2013, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderbrad View Post
Just an FYI. It should have a total of 5 grease fittings. One on each front wheel, and one on each of the spindles on top of the deck. If it doesn't, I'm going to be very angry with Grasshopper. I'm a Grasshopper dealer here in Central Texas, just got my first shipment of the 226Vs today, 2 with a 52", 2 with a 61". I don't have them out of the crate yet but I'm excited about the new models.
Are you still a ghopper dealer and how are the 226v holding up?

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
Old 07-22-2013, 01:47 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

One of my best sellers in th gh line. They are redesigned this year, high end cordova seat, cyclonic briggs, alot beefier looking machine holding up very well for both home and commercial use. Trannys surprise me to be pump and wheel motors seperate on a $7000 machine and not be integrated like everyone else now.. 2 grease zerts was right, gh went to greasable spindles now. Foldable rops is an option...
Old 07-22-2013, 06:56 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

It may seem petty but GrassHoppers don't do a thing for me. The reason is the color. There's a very good reason car and truck manufacturers don't sell tan or brown vehicles. Vehicle with those colors are always the last to move off of the lot. It's hard to make those colors look brand new.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:14 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
It may seem petty but GrassHoppers don't do a thing for me. The reason is the color. There's a very good reason car and truck manufacturers don't sell tan or brown vehicles. Vehicle with those colors are always the last to move off of the lot. It's hard to make those colors look brand new.
So you're judging the book by it's cover?
Old 07-22-2013, 08:04 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

This comment is just like when people say they don't Dixie Choppers, because they "look funny".
Grasshopper makes great machines. I have always liked the colors they use. They are a nice change from all those other red or orange mowers. The brown and tan colors don't fade out nearly as bad as red and orange. A little wax and touchup paint will keep the Grasshoppers, (which are powder-coated), looking like new for many years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Old 07-22-2013, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
So you're judging the book by it's cover?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowingman View Post
This comment is just like when people say they don't Dixie Choppers, because they "look funny".
Grasshopper makes great machines. I have always liked the colors they use. They are a nice change from all those other red or orange mowers. The brown and tan colors don't fade out nearly as bad as red and orange. A little wax and touchup paint will keep the Grasshoppers, (which are powder-coated), looking like new for many years.
I do agree with all points. And yes, Dixies do get judged by their looks and not their performance. And I'm sure that GrassHopper makes a great mower. But I just don't care for the mowers based solely on their paint choice.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
Im reviving this old thread to see how you feel about your 226v after 3 yrs?
how does it perform on hills?
Im not the op, but I also bought a 226V 3 years ago. I still love mine as much as the day I bought it. 250 hrs on it so far and the only work I have done on it is changed the Oil, filters,,blades, spark plugs, and greased the 2 zerts every 10 hrs or so. I have never even changed a belt or spindle yet and they still look like they are in decent condition. This is by far the best mower I have ever owned. In fact my next mower will very likely be another hopper, though I will likely get a 25hp diesel engine instead.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:28 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malinois1 View Post
Im not the op, but I also bought a 226V 3 years ago. I still love mine as much as the day I bought it. 250 hrs on it so far and the only work I have done on it is changed the Oil, filters,,blades, spark plugs, and greased the 2 zerts every 10 hrs or so. I have never even changed a belt or spindle yet and they still look like they are in decent condition. This is by far the best mower I have ever owned. In fact my next mower will very likely be another hopper, though I will likely get a 25hp diesel engine instead.
Thanks I was seriously looking at them and really like them but I just didn't have enough dealer support to put my hands on one. So I went with the Exmark Pioneer S which I have good dealer support and I love the mower.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
Old 09-07-2013, 07:54 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
One of my best sellers in th gh line. They are redesigned this year, high end cordova seat, cyclonic briggs, alot beefier looking machine holding up very well for both home and commercial use. Trannys surprise me to be pump and wheel motors seperate on a $7000 machine and not be integrated like everyone else now.. 2 grease zerts was right, gh went to greasable spindles now. Foldable rops is an option...
but they always look good dirty
Old 09-07-2013, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

About 35-40 years ago I was surprised to find out that people in some countries eat chocolate covered insects.....and one of their favorites was chocolate covered grasshoppers.

So, you can understand (because of the color and name) why every time I see one of these mowers, I think "chocolate covered grasshopper"!