Register free!

Old 05-18-2010, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks...company has been in business for 20+ yrs...I've been around for around 5..

The forms are a bend board..we use these for form everything unless straight..

Yes..no leveling base...pitch and heights are established with the 4" concrete base...pl on edge
Thats about as far in detail I wanna go with techniques right now, ha...

Not sure on the boots...they're not mine but everyone knows to kick em off and put your clean sneaks on if you gonna walk on the pavers

Yes the octo is dated...it was what they wanted and turned out nice...it fit the house and neighborhood as well..

Yes flowers may have looked great but it's not what they wanted....they own funeral homes and probably see enough flowers and could have had them if that's what they desired...
Also we are not landscapers...we don't do any cutting, planting, clean ups, etc....we are concrete and stone guys..the fence guys and landscapers come in and clean up after us....most we usually provide is some stone and a rough grade...it's hard to even recomend a local reliable landscaper to any customer so we usually levee it up to them..

pic above..I like the use of the two doors Into one grand step...but what's with the very bottom step? It appears all other steps are 5-6" and the bottom one is 3"?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-18-2010, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturbonegro View Post
Thanks...company has been in business for 20+ yrs...I've been around for around 5..

The forms are a bend board..we use these for form everything unless straight..

Yes..no leveling base...pitch and heights are established with the 4" concrete base...pl on edge
Thats about as far in detail I wanna go with techniques right now, ha...

Posted via Mobile Device
I for one,like your thinkin.
But,what self respecting mason turns in his trowel for a caul gun? ,doesn't have the same mystique.
I must say,it takes some balls to go with that system and hope for the best,but if it stands up,it stands up.
What is your call back rate on the PL,and how long have you had it in the field?
Old 05-18-2010, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Member

we never set them on stone to begin with...always on concrete....jobs I've done 5yrs ago look great...jobs company has done on concrete 5+ yrs ago look great as well....
We use the trowels to finish the concrete...so no shying away from the tools or hard work...
The only call backs for a pl'd edge have been from a landscaper constantly banging up and down them with a machine or something like that....it's $100 a case and we don't cheese out on it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-18-2010, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturbonegro View Post
we never set them on stone to begin with...always on concrete....jobs I've done 5yrs ago look great...jobs company has done on concrete 5+ yrs ago look great as well....
We use the trowels to finish the concrete...so no shying away from the tools or hard work...
The only call backs for a pl'd edge have been from a landscaper constantly banging up and down them with a machine or something like that....it's $100 a case and we don't cheese out on it.
Posted via Mobile Device
What kind of adhesive are you using and do you lay it on thick enough to bed it fully?
Old 05-18-2010, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Member

I have been installing with the same technique for around 7 years. I wish it was always in the budget to do installs this way. I just revisited a job I did at least 6 years ago and it looks like the day it was laid.
tturbo: have you tried using polymetric sand when installing over slab? If so, did you have any bad side effects?
Old 05-19-2010, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Member

no poly sand under pavers...always sweep poly sand at the send in the joints... sorry..is that what your asking?

couple more..

new one today, no pix yet..
Old 05-20-2010, 09:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice work!
Old 05-21-2010, 12:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Sorry, the way I worded my question was confusing. I did not mean poly under the pavers (that would be odd). I meant in the joints when intalling directly over a slab. Manufacture says not to do it. I have never tried it. I was wondering if you ever had problems with it.
Thanks.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

In a trade magazine Alliance is introducing a concrete overlay poly sand. Anyone have any experience with this sand yet?
Old 05-22-2010, 02:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks
Yes all jobs are swept with poly...no problems at all
Posted via Mobile Device