Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-13-2010, 07:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I hope you charged him premium to pick it up, Ron.

Dirt Merchant, that 328 is wicked awesome.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I still think big brother was nuts, sure he got a good deal on the finance and lowered payments, but I could have gotten a used Hitachi ZX50USR for half price.
I really hate the buckets, the clean up bucket has way too much mounting "ear" height, and they always have 1 inch of extra cutting edge sticking out of the sides.
But I still haven't seen his trailer yet, I don't think he's ready for it, so I charged him a cool hundred bucks for the pick up.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 05-13-2010, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So you are not going to get to run it then Ron? Makes you wonder why you were the one who had to pick it up for him. Call yourself Ron's Delivery Service and that could be your next operation, you already have a start. LOL
Old 05-13-2010, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Green View Post
So you are not going to get to run it then Ron? Makes you wonder why you were the one who had to pick it up for him. Call yourself Ron's Delivery Service and that could be your next operation, you already have a start. LOL
Finning doesn't deliver the small stuff for their customers anymore, that's a big cost savings in fuel and running around for their employees, last time I was there in the back in 2007, they were operating on 2 8 hour shifts, and the 2nd shift got in at 4 pm, and there was always someone in the yard to help you out loading and offloading, but everyone was gone by 3:30, so they have also cut their shop time down to save money on payroll and operating costs, it's so bad there, they are trying to find people to lease out a second building and they have shut down the small equipment office and yard, now everything is merged and more compacted together.
All in the name of bottom line.

I just got the call 10 minutes ago for another job tomorrow, the 305 and my 'hoochi for a gravel drive way, then I have to take the 305 to a family farm for a few hours, so maybe this new toy will be good for me too, I'll say this, that trailer is paying off BIG TIME, I added the income up from the beginning of this year, and I have made over $1000 in 4 months, just on moves alone for our business and outside companies I move equipment for.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

our cat dealer will deliver a hand full of bolts across the state if you ask them to. If your sales man even catches wind that you might be interested in buying a machine you show up at the shop the next day and you have a demo sitting in your yard free of charge.

They droped off a 305 without a thumb friday night and i rented one with a thumb so they sent a service truck out on sunday morning when i saw it didnt have a thumb. Even offered to bring a (308) machine with a thumb with him for me to use as he installed the thumb.

with that said..... tell finning that if they cant deliver a 75k machine something needs to be done about service.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Services View Post
our cat dealer will deliver a hand full of bolts across the state if you ask them to. If your sales man even catches wind that you might be interested in buying a machine you show up at the shop the next day and you have a demo sitting in your yard free of charge.

They droped off a 305 without a thumb friday night and i rented one with a thumb so they sent a service truck out on sunday morning when i saw it didnt have a thumb. Even offered to bring a (308) machine with a thumb with him for me to use as he installed the thumb.

with that said..... tell finning that if they cant deliver a 75k machine something needs to be done about service.
Ya no kidding you spend 75k and they can't deliver it to you. I mean I understand if it is ridiculus distiance aways but come on, that seems a little odd, but hey good for you to make some money off big bro!!!
Old 05-14-2010, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Finning's has one of the worst service out of all the equipment dealers. Finning has lost lots of equipment sales to Wajax and Brandt tractor which is the Hitachi and Deere dealers.

If you have a machine smaller than a 200 size excavator that needs repair they want you to truck it to their shop. You may have to truck a machine over 100 kilometers each way. Finning's cut back on the service trucks they moved their head office to Alberta.

Cat is the worst machine to buy if you want it repaired. The only good machines Cat makes is Wheel Loaders and Bulldozers. Not many people buy over priced poorly built Cat equipment the quality control has gone down hill.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Rat View Post
Finning's has one of the worst service out of all the equipment dealers. Finning has lost lots of equipment sales to Wajax and Brandt tractor which is the Hitachi and Deere dealers.

If you have a machine smaller than a 200 size excavator that needs repair they want you to truck it to their shop. You may have to truck a machine over 100 kilometers each way. Finning's cut back on the service trucks they moved their head office to Alberta.

Cat is the worst machine to buy if you want it repaired. The only good machines Cat makes is Wheel Loaders and Bulldozers. Not many people buy over priced poorly built Cat equipment the quality control has gone down hill.

This is bang on true, My uncle at one time had 5 330's. Now he's down to his last one, he replaces his excavators every 7,000 hours and he buys new. The only reason he used to buy cat was because he could get all the parts and the equipment fixed on the spot, NOW. Instead he's switched to Volvo excavators, less fuel, better power, operators prefer it, and great service. He also has 11 volvo A25's.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Regardless of wether or not you were paid to haul it, why on earth are you helping your brother out if he has gone on record as saying that he is looking to cut you and pops out?

If Finning was looking to cut costs by reducing their help on hand and delivery options, why don't they just hire out? Seems a big ridiculous for a CAT dealer not to be on point for customer service. Fabick always wants to remind us when we get quotes on equipment that, that is why Cat is more expensive. You are supposedly paying for that extra service, convenience, and nice cushy chairs at the parts counter.
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. -Unknown
Old 05-14-2010, 11:31 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioilyouin View Post
Regardless of wether or not you were paid to haul it, why on earth are you helping your brother out if he has gone on record as saying that he is looking to cut you and pops out?

Family is family, and besides, I can still make money off this problem and have it turn around in my favour.

Like I mentioned, I still haven't seen his trailer he said he wanted to buy, maybe after spending money on his truck he is having second thoughts, who knows.