Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-14-2010, 11:47 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

ive been lookin into a machine that size and was curious as to what you think between a 305 and 50D. on the spec sheets the 50D seems to come out on top.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProTouch Groundscapes View Post
ive been lookin into a machine that size and was curious as to what you think between a 305 and 50D. on the spec sheets the 50D seems to come out on top.
For the cab space and ergonomics (thumb and swing boom on pilots) I say Cat, but overall finesse and smooth hydraulics and a reputation I know I have seen, Hitachi/Deere, but if you like having the hammer/brushhead/thumb controls on the pilots control, go with Cat.
The Deere/Hitachi gets pretty expensive to switch it over, that's one of the biggest turn off's I found on the new ZX60 I looked at, nice comfy pilot controls, but all they had was a horn button on it, no thumb control, it's still on the floor with the swing boom pedal. So then Cat has the advantage.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 05-14-2010, 01:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
For the cab space and ergonomics (thumb and swing boom on pilots) I say Cat, but overall finesse and smooth hydraulics and a reputation I know I have seen, Hitachi/Deere, but if you like having the hammer/brushhead/thumb controls on the pilots control, go with Cat.
The Deere/Hitachi gets pretty expensive to switch it over, that's one of the biggest turn off's I found on the new ZX60 I looked at, nice comfy pilot controls, but all they had was a horn button on it, no thumb control, it's still on the floor with the swing boom pedal. So then Cat has the advantage.
The auxillary hydraulic control has been on the right joystick on the 27/35/50 Deere / Hitachi's for a while now (a year or so?). I believe the boom swing is still on the floor, however. Left lever is where they put the angle blade controls for the 50.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i would like to have aux control on the sticks, my rc100 has both the hi/low flow controls and 2 speed on the right stick and the electrical controls on the left, I'll have to look into that since i will most likely be buying used.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Rain View Post
The auxillary hydraulic control has been on the right joystick on the 27/35/50 Deere / Hitachi's for a while now (a year or so?). I believe the boom swing is still on the floor, however. Left lever is where they put the angle blade controls for the 50.
Not on the new Hitachi's, damn, Deere does things different, when Dad bought his 27 in 2006, they said a suspension seat was out of the question and it would raise the operator so high you would hit your head on the roof, 4 months later I'm staring at a Deere 27, and they have a deluxe suspension seat, same machine, same year.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Deere has been putting aux. hyd. control switches on the joystick for a little while now. It's news to me that Hitachi doesn't, that is kinda strange.

Go hard, go fast, or go home
Old 05-15-2010, 06:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ron, does your dad own the hitachi 75 or is that big brothers?
Old 05-15-2010, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedly05 View Post
Ron, does your dad own the hitachi 75 or is that big brothers?
Dad owns it, and the little 27 along with the museum pieces of sh*t Komatsu PC-60's.

Old 05-15-2010, 04:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtMerchant View Post

It was something like this, It had a Californian companies logo on it though.

I always have thought a machine like this could find use in BC.
Anybody know the specs on the 328D LCR front shovel? A considerable amount of searching has got me no where. I did a couple of places saying that cat offers front shovels from the 325 on up. I really want to know the bucket capacity to figure production. It's raining and math is assuming.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvy 1ton View Post
Anybody know the specs on the 328D LCR front shovel? A considerable amount of searching has got me no where. I did a couple of places saying that cat offers front shovels from the 325 on up. I really want to know the bucket capacity to figure production. It's raining and math is assuming.

I can tell you all about that 328, what would like to know? It's a 3 yard spade, it's a one off custom that will be working underground it's entire life, I have more recent pictures of it. It was Design to work with tunnel boring machines in germany, The low capacity bucket is because of tipping weight due the zero swing counterweight. But the whole machine was built with tiny size constraints due to having to work in low roofed tunnels and swing in tight areas. The picture I posted is from the Baum show, oh yeah and you can buy one but they're over 500k a piece and they're special order. If you want a sub 1000 sized front shovel I can point you in a better direction.