Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-15-2010, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtMerchant View Post
I can tell you all about that 328, what would like to know? It's a 3 yard spade, it's a one off custom that will be working underground it's entire life, I have more recent pictures of it. It was Design to work with tunnel boring machines in germany, The low capacity bucket is because of tipping weight due the zero swing counterweight. But the whole machine was built with tiny size constraints due to having to work in low roofed tunnels and swing in tight areas. The picture I posted is from the Baum show, oh yeah and you can buy one but they're over 500k a piece and they're special order. If you want a sub 1000 sized front shovel I can point you in a better direction.
it sounds to me like your wanting to buy one pretty darn bad, just looking for that big job that can justify the purchase right?
Old 05-15-2010, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Services View Post
it sounds to me like your wanting to buy one pretty darn bad, just looking for that big job that can justify the purchase right?
More like any job. I was born 20 years too late my friend. If I could get approved for financing so I could just park that in my yard I'd be sold. But I'll probably end up having one built a few years down the road, right around the time I own my own railway. Muahaha. In all Sincerity, I'll be 21 in september. I plan to buy a house, and GSX-R. If one doesn't kill me the other will. The only realistic equipment I may own in the next year are a goodsized grader, An tracked skidsteer, or a 310 backhoe I may pickup off Fortress. That's all that is realistic. But man would I risk it all for a machine like that.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I can tell you all about that 328, what would like to know? It's a 3 yard spade, it's a one off custom that will be working underground it's entire life, I have more recent pictures of it. It was Design to work with tunnel boring machines in germany, The low capacity bucket is because of tipping weight due the zero swing counterweight. But the whole machine was built with tiny size constraints due to having to work in low roofed tunnels and swing in tight areas. The picture I posted is from the Baum show, oh yeah and you can buy one but they're over 500k a piece and they're special order. If you want a sub 1000 sized front shovel I can point you in a better direction.
Wouldn't a face shovel be for following a drill and blast outfit? I thought this was the one that was built for working behind TBM's. It has a 330 widepad U/C with a blade and a crazy tunneling boom. It was custom built by a cat dealer, Zeppelin. I read there are 325 and 321 version.
Attachment 188479
Here is possibly the same shovel that was at Bauma.
Attachment 188480
I was looking through Moving the Earth today and the author was talking about using a shovel to dig large basements. I think a shovel would work real well for commercial basements where the depth starts cutting into the production of the same sized excavators. I'd like to see what info you have, not that i'm gonna be acting on it any time soon.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvy 1ton View Post
Wouldn't a face shovel be for following a drill and blast outfit? I thought this was the one that was built for working behind TBM's. It has a 330 widepad U/C with a blade and a crazy tunneling boom. It was custom built by a cat dealer, Zeppelin. I read there are 325 and 321 version.
Attachment 188479
Here is possibly the same shovel that was at Bauma.
Attachment 188480
I was looking through Moving the Earth today and the author was talking about using a shovel to dig large basements. I think a shovel would work real well for commercial basements where the depth starts cutting into the production of the same sized excavators. I'd like to see what info you have, not that i'm gonna be acting on it any time soon.

TBM=Tunnel boring machine

Baum= my mispelled Bauma
Old 05-16-2010, 01:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
TBM=Tunnel boring machine

Baum= my mispelled Bauma
That's all you got for me? As for owning a railroad, i'd settle for a grain elevator and a short line.

Name:  Tunnel VISP-3226.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  147.0 KB

Name:  cat_328_d_212.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  56.6 KB

damndable attachments
Old 05-16-2010, 02:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

What do you want to know?

Cat originally launched the 325 CCR Tunnel Excavator First. It was a 35t excavator with a Cat C7 ACERT with some power adders giving it 225 hp. Swing radius was 1.8-2 m which is why I'm pretty sure it was specifically designed for tunnel work underground. It also featured a blade which was basically a stabilizer allowing the machine further reach with a full bucket. It featured a full CAT ntegrated Tool Control System so the operator can change is AUX Circuits without getting out of the seat. And it meets all countries in the world emissions standards.

If you want a quote or are curious Peter Stauffer out of Switzerland (I believe) is the man to talk too. His email is stauffer_peter@cat.com
Old 05-16-2010, 03:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

And when I said railway I meant class 3 coastal shortline type.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
Dad owns it, and the little 27 along with the museum pieces of sh*t Komatsu PC-60's.
So you should start doing some jobs with those and see how big brother likes the competition!
Old 05-16-2010, 02:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Ron's brother is getting greedy he is trying to get all the work from mini to mass excavating. The problem is Ron's dad is in the mini excavating business start stealing work away from Ron's dad I think there will be a price to pay. Being greedy always backfires and it will probably backfire on Ron's brother.

Now if Ron starts working for his brother running the new Cat mini I can see the tension between him and his dad increase.

It will be interesting to see what happens and Ronald is stuck between it
Old 05-16-2010, 02:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Rat View Post
Ron's brother is getting greedy he is trying to get all the work from mini to mass excavating. The problem is Ron's dad is in the mini excavating business start stealing work away from Ron's dad I think there will be a price to pay. Being greedy always backfires and it will probably backfire on Ron's brother.

Now if Ron starts working for his brother running the new Cat mini I can see the tension between him and his dad increase.

It will be interesting to see what happens and Ronald is stuck between it
I've been stealing work away from him now, 2 days pushing fill around and raking a big horse arena tomorrow with my skid steer. Now the Takeuchi is earning her keep.

Oh and I can't resist, finally got the girl stuck last week, Dad yanked me out with his ZX75, and it was on it's toes pulling me out:

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96