Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-10-2000, 09:25 AM
LawnSite Member

I am new to business ( 1 account, 1 on line) and just finished my flyer to distribute to target areas. After researching this site (GREAT SITE!) I put &quot;Ask about our FREE lawncare services&quot; as a teaser to raise interest. My question is what service can I offer the 3rd or 4th cut that does not take long and is still high impact (seen as a value) for the customer? Edging? Fertilizing? Weed pulling? (just kidding about the weeding)<br>Thanks to all!<p>Palmer
Old 07-10-2000, 11:03 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

you should be already including edging when you do your weekly mowing.
Old 07-10-2000, 11:30 AM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
Along with offering free services you should also include the words &quot;senior citizen discount&quot;.
Old 07-10-2000, 11:58 AM
LawnSite Member

I don't know about the senior citizen discount thing. I put senior citizens 20% higher on my flyers. Most of them tend to be a pain, not all but most.. Just from experience. I am just kidding about the 20% higher.<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: Brians
Old 07-10-2000, 01:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

someone else has used the &quot;ask about our free lawn services&quot; tagline before. the gimmic was that when the customer asks, the response is that they don't do anything for free. they just wanted the customer to ask. kinda funny in a way.<p>GEO
Old 07-10-2000, 01:11 PM
Banned

If you need to do any more free stuff give me a call.@ BR549.
Old 07-10-2000, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Palmer - Not a great idea! Do you really want customers that are choosing you because of a deal or gimmick? Those are the ones that are going to ditch you for the next company that comes by and underbids you by 50 cents !! Now, since you already did the damage, if I were you, I'd offer the folowing promotion:<p>If one of your referrals signs on with me for a years maintenance contract or a landscape job over $xxx. dollars, you get one free cut.<p>Not a bad idea for getting more customers, just be careful when your going to do something like this again. You should have thought about what you were going to offer BEFORE you made the flyers!! And another thing, unless they did give good referals, why would you give them anything free anyway?? You provide a weekly service, they pay the bill. They're not really doing anything to deserve it. If you want to show your appreciation, save up and send out some pointsetia's or candy around christmas time with a handwritten card. Sorry to babble, hope this helped!<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti
Old 07-10-2000, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Only free service we offer is a free estimate. <p>----------<br>Mike Reynolds,<br>GrassRoots Lawn Care, Florida
Old 07-10-2000, 07:48 PM
Millenium Member

I go to the same store, same bank, same YMCA, and so on... I pay a price and get a service or product. I have yet to get anything free from any of these so why should you be different?<p>Offer them knock out service at a fair price, give freebees for referals is a good idea, and good luck.<p>Ray
Old 07-10-2000, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks respondants. Guido, I haven't had the flyers printed yet, I only have a master that has been changed. My thinking was to get the phone ringing as my last 300 flyers netted zero calls. This new flyer is much more professional and will be distributed to a better group of prospects.