Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-16-2010, 07:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Exmark Navigator ( only live once )

I wasnt going to get a nav or walker until i had the cash but i just cant wait lol. Im going to apply thru finance company . I have a full time job that pays all my bills and do mowing part time , in a few yrs i want to do mowing full time . So my thinking now is if i get a nav now and start the repayments then in a few yrs it would be half payed for or even all payed up as i can pay more than monthly repayments. Nav down here in australia is $22,000 ( gawd ) and if i get loan over 5 yrs i pay $109 each week which works out to be about $28,000 ( 6k interest ) but as i said i can pay or i will be looking to have it payed in 2 / 3 yrs. When i eventually go full time i dont want any loans hanging over me so if i get this loan and get in and pay it off from mowing income and my full time job pays for all my other bills as it does now.

What would you guys do ? wait or go for it.
I would rather get a brand new one instead of second hand .
Only live once is my thinking ,Of course my wife is thinking something different lol.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

great machine

just make sure your weekly income covers your overhead, that's all.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Be sure that a navigator is the best machine for your yards first; have you compared it to a zero turn mower?

Cummins isn't spelled with a g!!!!!
Old 05-17-2010, 04:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleedge View Post
Be sure that a navigator is the best machine for your yards first; have you compared it to a zero turn mower?
Only reason im getting the nav is because the nav and walker are the only dedicated baggers here . I have not seen any navs around here but about 12 walkers but after doing research on here and other places ive chosen the nav oh and the walker prob starts around $27,000 here. Most of my clients want there lawn clippings bagged but in summer im going to try and mulch see what they think.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:08 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallimeca View Post
just make sure your weekly income covers your overhead, that's all.
Yeah i will be covered even tho we are coming into winter down here and ive put clients back to every 3 weeks ( only have 20 clients split them into groups of 3 ) . Ive read alot of your posts about the nav comparing against walker , very good info for me as i prob would of went with the walker if i didnt read your posts and others . I originally thought the walker was all you could get then seen the nav posts and looked into them . And alot cheaper than the walker here. If finance mob approve me im going to get some bad looks from all the walker fella's lol .