Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-17-2010, 11:04 PM
bobcat_ron's Avatar
bobcat_ron bobcat_ron is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Abbotsford, British Columbia
Posts: 9,934
I ate dust today

I ate dust, breathed it in, now I am coughing up brown sh*t right now, damn A/C in the Takeuchi wasn't working since I bought it, low Freon pressure, so I couldn't use the A/C while all the windows were closed while I was raking the driest desert sand for a horse riding ring.

Thermo King will be making a house call in the next few days thank God.

As soon as I got the machine home, I fired up the air compressor and gave my Asian girl friend a blow job she will never forget. And it made me sweat at the same time, good for her, good for me.

Then I gave myself a blow job, that was certainly interesting to say the least, sweat, dust, a bit of crusty grease and I was looking for a shower.

It was a fun 9 hour day, dust issues aside.
__________________
The amount of energy necessary to refute bullsh*t is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it


http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-18-2010, 12:57 AM
Scag48's Avatar
Scag48 Scag48 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Marysville, WA
Posts: 6,061
If it makes you feel any better, the IT28G that I run at work has 15,XXX hours on her and I'm willing to bet the A/C hasn't worked for the last 10,000. Right there with you man. Running a cab machine without A/C during summer is what separates the men from the boys.
__________________

Go hard, go fast, or go home
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-18-2010, 01:15 AM
DirtMerchant's Avatar
DirtMerchant DirtMerchant is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dawson Creek, BC
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scag48 View Post
If it makes you feel any better, the IT28G that I run at work has 15,XXX hours on her and I'm willing to bet the A/C hasn't worked for the last 10,000. Right there with you man. Running a cab machine without A/C during summer is what separates the men from the boys.
The A25C ADT's and 938's 950's didn't come with Air conditioners according to my company, so I bought mini air conditioners off craigslist you can usually find them under 100 bucks. Find a good spot for them in your cab and mount them in, if you're going to be spending the summer in it, it's worth it. Either that or a mini fridge. Plus when you switch machines it's easy to take out. Be clever, and just think something secure and stable out. Keeps you cool, and more energetic then the other guys. Your foreman will take notice. I also did the same thing with CD decks.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-18-2010, 01:26 AM
Scag48's Avatar
Scag48 Scag48 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Marysville, WA
Posts: 6,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtMerchant View Post
The A25C ADT's and 938's 950's didn't come with Air conditioners according to my company, so I bought mini air conditioners off craigslist you can usually find them under 100 bucks. Find a good spot for them in your cab and mount them in, if you're going to be spending the summer in it, it's worth it. Either that or a mini fridge. Plus when you switch machines it's easy to take out. Be clever, and just think something secure and stable out. Keeps you cool, and more energetic then the other guys. Your foreman will take notice. I also did the same thing with CD decks.
Thanks for the heads up, will look into it. I've thought about getting some tunes into that machine as well, I think at this point it'll be my staple machine.
__________________

Go hard, go fast, or go home
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-18-2010, 01:38 AM
DirtMerchant's Avatar
DirtMerchant DirtMerchant is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dawson Creek, BC
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scag48 View Post
Thanks for the heads up, will look into it. I've thought about getting some tunes into that machine as well, I think at this point it'll be my staple machine.
If you've got speakers and a factory radio in the machine, pull the factory deck, and buy a cheap one with a removable faceplate(for weekends) from best buy that will take your ipod. It wires up the same way as a car deck and you can usually get an adapter for your machine! No point in buying a good quality deck as your machine cab isn't set up for great acoustics anyhow. If you don't have any speakers, find a boom box with removable side speakers. Mount the speakers where they won't block vision, aka top corners of the cab/rops and wire the main center section into the cigarette lighter. I suggest you make your setup clean tho, no dangling wires all over the place and open connections. If it's it cleanly done it won't grab attention.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-18-2010, 07:26 AM
Dirtman2007's Avatar
Dirtman2007 Dirtman2007 is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 4,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
I ate dust, breathed it in, now I am coughing up brown sh*t right now, damn A/C in the Takeuchi wasn't working since I bought it, low Freon pressure, so I couldn't use the A/C while all the windows were closed while I was raking the driest desert sand for a horse riding ring.

Thermo King will be making a house call in the next few days thank God.

As soon as I got the machine home, I fired up the air compressor and gave my Asian girl friend a blow job she will never forget. And it made me sweat at the same time, good for her, good for me.

Then I gave myself a blow job, that was certainly interesting to say the least, sweat, dust, a bit of crusty grease and I was looking for a shower.

It was a fun 9 hour day, dust issues aside.

Unfortunately I know what you mean. The AC went out in my takkie a year or so after we bought it. It just happened to be a drought at the time and had 6" of the famous dust powder on the ground. Man running around with the windows down and the door open in 95 degree weather and that much dust was horrible. You get off the machine and brush the dust and dirt off you.
The service guy was out there shortly after lol
__________________
Chris

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"


http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18


New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-18-2010, 08:23 AM
wanabe's Avatar
wanabe wanabe is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: So. IL
Posts: 932
This is the reason I bought AC tools and figured out how to fix them asap! A set of gauges and a tank of R134A will set you back less than $200 for a good set!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-18-2010, 02:13 PM
hvy 1ton's Avatar
hvy 1ton hvy 1ton is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lawrence KS
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanabe View Post
This is the reason I bought AC tools and figured out how to fix them asap! A set of gauges and a tank of R134A will set you back less than $200 for a good set!
The cert is just an online test the last time my dad took. Being able to recharge A/C is the ****.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Gravel Rat Gravel Rat is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 9,544
After Thermo King is done with Ron he will need a seat cooler to cool his backside
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-18-2010, 04:17 PM
bobcat_ron's Avatar
bobcat_ron bobcat_ron is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Abbotsford, British Columbia
Posts: 9,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Rat View Post
After Thermo King is done with Ron he will need a seat cooler to cool his backside
Thermo King was quick, I made the call and they told me this morning they could arrive.
There was no pressure in the system, so after 30 minutes he pumped it back up and let it run for 10 minutes, now I will have icicles on my beard.
__________________
The amount of energy necessary to refute bullsh*t is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it


http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 AM.

Page generated in 0.10427 seconds with 7 queries