Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-17-2010, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I ate dust today

I ate dust, breathed it in, now I am coughing up brown sh*t right now, damn A/C in the Takeuchi wasn't working since I bought it, low Freon pressure, so I couldn't use the A/C while all the windows were closed while I was raking the driest desert sand for a horse riding ring.

Thermo King will be making a house call in the next few days thank God.

As soon as I got the machine home, I fired up the air compressor and gave my Asian girl friend a blow job she will never forget. And it made me sweat at the same time, good for her, good for me.

Then I gave myself a blow job, that was certainly interesting to say the least, sweat, dust, a bit of crusty grease and I was looking for a shower.

It was a fun 9 hour day, dust issues aside.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 05-18-2010, 12:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

If it makes you feel any better, the IT28G that I run at work has 15,XXX hours on her and I'm willing to bet the A/C hasn't worked for the last 10,000. Right there with you man. Running a cab machine without A/C during summer is what separates the men from the boys.

Go hard, go fast, or go home
Old 05-18-2010, 01:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scag48 View Post
If it makes you feel any better, the IT28G that I run at work has 15,XXX hours on her and I'm willing to bet the A/C hasn't worked for the last 10,000. Right there with you man. Running a cab machine without A/C during summer is what separates the men from the boys.
The A25C ADT's and 938's 950's didn't come with Air conditioners according to my company, so I bought mini air conditioners off craigslist you can usually find them under 100 bucks. Find a good spot for them in your cab and mount them in, if you're going to be spending the summer in it, it's worth it. Either that or a mini fridge. Plus when you switch machines it's easy to take out. Be clever, and just think something secure and stable out. Keeps you cool, and more energetic then the other guys. Your foreman will take notice. I also did the same thing with CD decks.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtMerchant View Post
The A25C ADT's and 938's 950's didn't come with Air conditioners according to my company, so I bought mini air conditioners off craigslist you can usually find them under 100 bucks. Find a good spot for them in your cab and mount them in, if you're going to be spending the summer in it, it's worth it. Either that or a mini fridge. Plus when you switch machines it's easy to take out. Be clever, and just think something secure and stable out. Keeps you cool, and more energetic then the other guys. Your foreman will take notice. I also did the same thing with CD decks.
Thanks for the heads up, will look into it. I've thought about getting some tunes into that machine as well, I think at this point it'll be my staple machine.

Go hard, go fast, or go home
Old 05-18-2010, 01:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scag48 View Post
Thanks for the heads up, will look into it. I've thought about getting some tunes into that machine as well, I think at this point it'll be my staple machine.
If you've got speakers and a factory radio in the machine, pull the factory deck, and buy a cheap one with a removable faceplate(for weekends) from best buy that will take your ipod. It wires up the same way as a car deck and you can usually get an adapter for your machine! No point in buying a good quality deck as your machine cab isn't set up for great acoustics anyhow. If you don't have any speakers, find a boom box with removable side speakers. Mount the speakers where they won't block vision, aka top corners of the cab/rops and wire the main center section into the cigarette lighter. I suggest you make your setup clean tho, no dangling wires all over the place and open connections. If it's it cleanly done it won't grab attention.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:26 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
I ate dust, breathed it in, now I am coughing up brown sh*t right now, damn A/C in the Takeuchi wasn't working since I bought it, low Freon pressure, so I couldn't use the A/C while all the windows were closed while I was raking the driest desert sand for a horse riding ring.

Thermo King will be making a house call in the next few days thank God.

As soon as I got the machine home, I fired up the air compressor and gave my Asian girl friend a blow job she will never forget. And it made me sweat at the same time, good for her, good for me.

Then I gave myself a blow job, that was certainly interesting to say the least, sweat, dust, a bit of crusty grease and I was looking for a shower.

It was a fun 9 hour day, dust issues aside.

Unfortunately I know what you mean. The AC went out in my takkie a year or so after we bought it. It just happened to be a drought at the time and had 6" of the famous dust powder on the ground. Man running around with the windows down and the door open in 95 degree weather and that much dust was horrible. You get off the machine and brush the dust and dirt off you.
The service guy was out there shortly after lol

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 05-18-2010, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

This is the reason I bought AC tools and figured out how to fix them asap! A set of gauges and a tank of R134A will set you back less than $200 for a good set!
Old 05-18-2010, 02:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanabe View Post
This is the reason I bought AC tools and figured out how to fix them asap! A set of gauges and a tank of R134A will set you back less than $200 for a good set!
The cert is just an online test the last time my dad took. Being able to recharge A/C is the ****.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:31 PM
LawnSite Member

After Thermo King is done with Ron he will need a seat cooler to cool his backside
Old 05-18-2010, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Rat View Post
After Thermo King is done with Ron he will need a seat cooler to cool his backside
Thermo King was quick, I made the call and they told me this morning they could arrive.
There was no pressure in the system, so after 30 minutes he pumped it back up and let it run for 10 minutes, now I will have icicles on my beard.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96