Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-19-2010, 04:05 AM
lemond lemond is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: sydney new south wales
Posts: 3
ASV PT100 wanted

Hi folks,
I am looking to buy a used pt100 forestry with mulcher head, root rake with clamps, 4 way bucket & rotary tiller or harley rake. This is for some mulching work but mostly for property maintenance, demolition/clean up and reconstruction on 100 acres of orchard and factory/gardens. let me know via pm if you have something to offer. This is for export to Sydney, have a container of other equipment leaving Ca in the next couple weeks.
Cheers lee.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-19-2010, 04:10 AM
DirtMerchant's Avatar
DirtMerchant DirtMerchant is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dawson Creek, BC
Posts: 787
Google.ca

There are at least 5 pt100 forestry's for sale on the west coast at the moment.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-19-2010, 06:31 PM
AEL's Avatar
AEL AEL is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,535
www.machinerytrader.com
__________________
Sean

A.E.L

Excavating, Grading, Demolition, Land Clearing, Custom Grinding Services, Storm water management, Erosion Control.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-20-2010, 08:15 AM
Digdeep Digdeep is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemond View Post
Hi folks,
I am looking to buy a used pt100 forestry with mulcher head, root rake with clamps, 4 way bucket & rotary tiller or harley rake. This is for some mulching work but mostly for property maintenance, demolition/clean up and reconstruction on 100 acres of orchard and factory/gardens. let me know via pm if you have something to offer. This is for export to Sydney, have a container of other equipment leaving Ca in the next couple weeks.
Cheers lee.
I'm sure your local dealer will be pleased with your purchase. Good luck with help from them if you have a problem half way around the world.

It ceases to amaze me how people think they can save a buck or two at the expense of a local dealer. I think ASV has a dealer network in Australia if I'm not mistaken. I used to send customers back to the selling dealer if they decided they didn't like my deal and then had a problem.
__________________
Digdeep
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Mr. Rain Mr. Rain is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Upper Midwest
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digdeep View Post
I'm sure your local dealer will be pleased with your purchase. Good luck with help from them if you have a problem half way around the world.

It ceases to amaze me how people think they can save a buck or two at the expense of a local dealer. I think ASV has a dealer network in Australia if I'm not mistaken. I used to send customers back to the selling dealer if they decided they didn't like my deal and then had a problem.
Perhaps they don't have what he's looking for. Maybe his local dealer sucks. Maybe his "local" dealer is 300 miles away. Lots of possibilities here, besides the fact that he's got room on a container that's already coming. If buying new, yeah. Used: whole different game in my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-20-2010, 04:33 PM
Digdeep Digdeep is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Rain View Post
Perhaps they don't have what he's looking for. Maybe his local dealer sucks. Maybe his "local" dealer is 300 miles away. Lots of possibilities here, besides the fact that he's got room on a container that's already coming. If buying new, yeah. Used: whole different game in my opinion.
Good point. I should have been more clear that my sentiment is related to new machines. Used machines are fair game.
__________________
Digdeep
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-20-2010, 04:46 PM
lemond lemond is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: sydney new south wales
Posts: 3
Well the local dealers are pretty shady, the good dealer I would prefer to deal with is 250 miles away and they want $135K for a 700 hour machine including mulch head. This is enough to name them a 'Stealer' in my book. I run a bunch of companies in 4 different countries including the beautiful USA and I buy equipment, machinery & consumables from wherever the best deal is on the best quality gear. The dealer will be happy with the purchase because one of his guys will be employed fixing it from what you guys say on the forum
thanks for the replys anyway and I have been watching machinery trader for the last 6 months and will probably go there. cheers lee
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Digdeep Digdeep is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemond View Post
The dealer will be happy with the purchase because one of his guys will be employed fixing it from what you guys say on the forum
Well if you do buy a new machine here in the US and take it down there just remember to keep that positive attitude while you're looking the dealer in the eye explaining to him that "at least one of your guys is employed fixing it".

Best of luck.
__________________
Digdeep
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-24-2010, 05:25 AM
Ausman Ausman is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Queensland Australia
Posts: 262
Good luck with getting CEG's service department to service that thing or even supply parts. People who import do not support the industrry, how do dealers put parts on the shelf if they dont sell the unit and why should they employ to service a unit not sold by them. there is no money in service unless you sell the unit due to the small numbers sold here. then when terex pulsl out of Australia where does that leave you!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-24-2010, 10:44 AM
ksss's Avatar
ksss ksss is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rigby, Idaho
Posts: 6,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausman View Post
Good luck with getting CEG's service department to service that thing or even supply parts. People who import do not support the industrry, how do dealers put parts on the shelf if they dont sell the unit and why should they employ to service a unit not sold by them. there is no money in service unless you sell the unit due to the small numbers sold here. then when terex pulsl out of Australia where does that leave you!

Terex seems to be contracting in size. I am curious how strong their commitment to ASV is? They are looking like the SS Minnow (thats the ship on Gilligan's Island for those who missed that time frame) right now, tossing short lines over the side.
__________________
See us at www.kaiserskidsteer.com

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 PM.

Page generated in 0.10359 seconds with 8 queries