Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-21-2010, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfish5 View Post
I bought a husky 125L 2 years ago , it has been a really good trimmer , this shindiawa speed feed head ? Is it one size
fits all? Or do you have to get on for husqvarna?
Posted via Mobile Device
They have adapters available to put the head on most trimmers.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

echo for 219 plus tax...best your going to get for that money.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i got the echo sr225 straight shaft new for like 215 or sumthin. its reliable and very lightweight. obvoiusly like my stihl fs90r better, but the echo is a good backup for me. we've beat on it pretty good so far this year and it hasnt given any problems and still starts on first couple pulls. my advice if its your only trimmer......spend the extra 100 and get a heavy duty type trimmer. the echo bogs down in really thick weeds/tall grass. the stihl blasts thru some small brush and ALL grasses no matter how tall. u can feel the difference immediatley when youve used both back to back
Old 05-22-2010, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Tanaka has one for $199. Solid drive shaft, too....I think.

Lawn care in Pensacola, Florida.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Member

I just bought an echo gt225 real simple curved shaft string trimmer. I am operating on a shoestring budget and just getting started so this is about all I can afford. I wish it was a little longer because I am tall but it has plenty of power and it does what I need until I grow some more. It just costs $159 at Home Depot. They have a straight shaft trimmer that prices in about $219. I had a hand me down echo from my grandfather that he used for 10 years and I got another 5 years or so out of it before it died. I hope they are still built with that same quality.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

shoulda got the straight shaft like i told ya man! it was the one for 219! its alot longer and easier to use for verticle edging. dont skimp on handheld equipment anymore. i understand the whole budget thing....believe me!! but u will make ur money back if u buy the right equipment. this is my first year too and i didnt qualify for any loans and my parents didnt give me anything. but i didnt jump into it until i knew i could buy the correct equipment that can take a bit of a beating. dont worry tho. the 225 will treat u good until u make some money to buy something better. Do u have a good mower to get u started? i would focus my money on a used WB mower now that u have a decent trimmer. keep saving and working man. it will all come together if u want it bad enough. i wish u the best of luck this year man.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassIsGreenerLawnCare View Post
shoulda got the straight shaft like i told ya man! it was the one for 219! its alot longer and easier to use for verticle edging. dont skimp on handheld equipment anymore. i understand the whole budget thing....believe me!! but u will make ur money back if u buy the right equipment. this is my first year too and i didnt qualify for any loans and my parents didnt give me anything. but i didnt jump into it until i knew i could buy the correct equipment that can take a bit of a beating. dont worry tho. the 225 will treat u good until u make some money to buy something better. Do u have a good mower to get u started? i would focus my money on a used WB mower now that u have a decent trimmer. keep saving and working man. it will all come together if u want it bad enough. i wish u the best of luck this year man.
I'm not sure if this was directed to me or another poster in this thread but I did order a straight shaft trimmer. The Kaw KTFR27A is a straight shaft
Old 05-24-2010, 08:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDA View Post
If you want a free Echo yard shield system let me know, cost of shipping and it is yours. It works pretty well but I have moved on to a bigger system.

Regards,

Rich
Thank you very much for your kind offer. Unfortunately i have already ordered a new one.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:56 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujrh10 View Post
I'm also impressed with the 70" shaft on this Kaw. that seems to be significantly longer thant he other ones mentioned in this price range. i'm 6'3 and I start feeling it in the lower back. believe me!
I'm only 6' and agree, the longer the better. I would like to have one about 76" just for steep ditch banks, and a flatter angle on the gearbox to boot.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Ray View Post
I'm only 6' and agree, the longer the better. I would like to have one about 76" just for steep ditch banks, and a flatter angle on the gearbox to boot.
The only think that I could think of to get you there would be one of the combi units. A guy could use both the shaft extension with the trimmer attachement as well. Just a thought