Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-27-2010, 03:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassIsGreenerLawnCare View Post
if u get pulled over, the only thing the dumbass cops can do is ask for his ID. they cannot ask for green card unless they are the "el migra". your run of the mill $30,000 a year bumass cop doesnt have the authority to ask for green cards. just make sure he has an ID and hes all set. i have a friend who has a few workin for him and hes been pulled with them be4. Hell, the golf course i worked at had 15 of em and they are a HUGE rich country club. im all against supporting these immigrants, especially if they dont speaka tha english. mostly all of them have ID's though. fake or not, thats all they need. not sumthin i would go on here askin about.....big brother is WATCHING!!!!!
Why is speaking English a kicker for you? The USA has no official language. You don't seem to educated on "tha English" either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgshopboss View Post
Definitely the best horse I have ever hitched my wagon to.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If I had Mexicans work for me you can beat your ass they'll be speaking English...It's annoying that you can't understand them. And our official language will probably be Spanish in the next few years our kindergartners our learning Spanish. (In my area around Va if you don't take another language in middle school you'll be forced out of a advanced diploma(24 credits) and put into a standard diploma(22 credits) 2 credits just so I can talk like an immigrant.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I guess we know how the american indians felt when we came over in boats...

Christopher columbus was sent by the queen of spain...
Old 05-27-2010, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Illegals aren't worth it. 10000x worse than hiring someone legal.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

You don't have to worry about a thing. The cops cannot question his status. It is no big deal using hispanic workers, they work way way harder than legal guys most of the time. There is nothing to worry about, pay cash and leave no paper trail.

Also America doesn't have a official language. I do not understand why so many people here are against learning a second language. In most countries in Europe people are REQUIRED to learn 4 languages in school, here we ***** because we are asked to take two years of a foreign language. All it can do is benefit you by speaking a second language. I know that I am Spanish bi-lingual because that is how I was raised and I do not regret it at all. You guys need to be more open minded.

PS: Good luck finding a illegal that speaks good english lmao.
Lesco application equipment

Having employees that enjoy what they are doing and care about quality is what makes happy customers.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=SNAPPER MAN;3583040] It is no big deal using hispanic workers, they work way way harder than legal guys most of the time. QUOTE]

Your 100% right, I've never ever had a problem with a single hispanic worker not giving me a full day work, even when we get backed up and pick up a day laborer. All my full time guys are legal, but when we get backed up or need some extra help I dont know if the day laborers are legal or not, and honestly, as long as they work hard I dont give a flying f*** I tried a temp agency in the past for laborers and everyone they set me up with were all completey useless and wanted more money then a laborer. As for the 'speak english' debate, my full time guys have to at least speak some english because I'll have them run to the dump site or pick up supplies/rental equipment for me, but day laborers if they dont speak english it doesnt bother me. Honestly spanish isnt that hard of a language to learn, I grew up speaking english & some italian, took spanish in highschool and picked it up pretty easily, now I'm all but fluent.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:15 AM
LawnSite Member

I say, pay an American to do an Americans job! But I do understand, times are tough....
Old 05-29-2010, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsails View Post
I have a legit business but from time to time need to hire day labors.

What should I be concerned about?

If I get pulled over what would happen etc....

thoughts
You want us to help you get away with hiring illegals?

You can't charge extra because it takes you twice as long to do the job because you have crappy or outmoded equipment.

And, if they don't pay, put a shovel upside their head.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassIsGreenerLawnCare View Post
if u get pulled over, the only thing the dumbass cops can do is ask for his ID. they cannot ask for green card unless they are the "el migra". your run of the mill $30,000 a year bumass cop doesnt have the authority to ask for green cards.

We are gonna change all that.

You can't charge extra because it takes you twice as long to do the job because you have crappy or outmoded equipment.

And, if they don't pay, put a shovel upside their head.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

This is why we have such an issue with illegals, and lowball landscapers. Please dont contribute to illegals our economy is in tough enough shape. I cannot even believe someone would actually come on here and ask for tips on how to hire illegals. I think I seriously just threw up in my mouth. There is so little done about this that people are bold enough to post asking for tips on lawnsite.