Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-31-2010, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Why has it become so bad to feel like America first is the way to be. I guess since Ronald Reagan. Everybody seems to have the attitude that American is somehow a bad thing. Are we really a dead country? When I was growing up, a company moving production to China would have meant prison for the executives of that country. They would have been deemed anti-American and traitors. Many people were blackballed for even thinking of putting a communist, dictatorship above America.

You can't charge extra because it takes you twice as long to do the job because you have crappy or outmoded equipment.

And, if they don't pay, put a shovel upside their head.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bad Bob View Post
Why has it become so bad to feel like America first is the way to be. I guess since Ronald Reagan. Everybody seems to have the attitude that American is somehow a bad thing. Are we really a dead country? When I was growing up, a company moving production to China would have meant prison for the executives of that country. They would have been deemed anti-American and traitors. Many people were blackballed for even thinking of putting a communist, dictatorship above America.
I agree 1000%!!!! Well said!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdk1959 View Post

You can't charge extra because it takes you twice as long to do the job because you have crappy or outmoded equipment.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdk1959 View Post

Enjoy your Memorial Day and always remember those who gave all for our American freedoms.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
I agree too. Well said bob!
Old 05-31-2010, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I said, "When I was growing up, a company moving production to China would have meant prison for the executives of that country."

I meant, "When I was growing up, a company moving production to China would have meant prison for the executives of that company."

Old 05-31-2010, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
I said, "When I was growing up, a company moving production to China would have meant prison for the executives of that country."

I meant, "When I was growing up, a company moving production to China would have meant prison for the executives of that company."
I knew what ya meant.....I agree totally. Its a little ridiculous. everyone is so worried about being p.c. and nice to everyone that they forget to take care of us. Dont even get me started on foreign cars.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Just remember that by giving the illegals a job and a reason to stay in our country you will actually be paying more money in the long run for these people. If we can get people to realize this and quit employing them, THEY WONT HAVE A REASON TO STAY HERE.

If you dont believe just wait for this health care crap to take effect. When you go to the emergency room and an illegal walks away paying nothing for care and you ended up paying more than a few years back because you are legal and they can bill you.

Also google it the reason that part of the housing market took a crap so quickly is because we gave a mortgage to all these illegals with fake documentation. Then when times where tough they just walked away from their homes. There was no way to hurt these peoples credit or hold them accountable because they werent trackable. Over 241 million dollars in debt just in the Colorado metro area alone.

As for your needing to find someone. Getting caught with an illegal is a federal offense. Is saving a couple dollars an hour worth losing everything you have? Maybe you shouldnt try to find someone for an extra day or two. It sounds like maybe you need to have your employees pick up the slack. Maybe a better idea would be to give them a raise and expect them to do more. $.50 raise times 4 employees at 40 hours a week is only $80 and you said you were comfortable paying over $100 for a days help. Just an idea
2007 F-150 Boss's ride

6x12 landscaping trailer with:
2 bluebird aerators
1 bluebird power rake
2 toro 22" walk behinds
1 worldlawn 28" walk behind
1 wright stander 48"
2 stihl trimmers
2 husqvarna backpack blowers

1400 sq ft garage with tons of other misc equipment

Oh and my typing sucks because of that chick in the blue jersey and white shorts whats that ad for?