Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-02-2010, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Should I pull the trigger?

I have three small yards and one subdivision common ground. The yards take about 1/2 hr and the common ground about 2 hrs with my 21" mower. Two yards have 36" gates These are all weekly cuts and I'm trying to pick up more business. My 21 is only a few weeks old.

I have my eye on a 32 Ferris single hydro walk behind....guy is asking 1300 for it. Do I pull the trigger on the hydro or just continue to mow until I have more accounts?

What would you do?
Old 06-02-2010, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

There's a lot of info missing for us to have input. Overall you don't nearly need the piece of equipment now and the likely hood of you growing a great deal this year is fairly remote. What we don't know is your financial situation and how attached you are to the business etc. If you have to finance it, I would say no. If you have some money laying around that isn't needed for something else and you won't miss it, Id say if you want it, buy it.

I'm in a similar situation and I pass on lots of equipment. Although I have plenty of money, it's not really liquid so I wait until the need is larger.

Mike
Old 06-02-2010, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Member

I'd spend the money on advertising now. When your business grows to the point where you can justify it something will come along.