Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-04-2010, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Without showing dry soil below the wet spot, that is uncertain from your pics. From viewing, that could be a seasonal high water table or simply a saturated area. A perched water tabled by definition is one blocked by a less permeable layer.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ Services View Post
We do have issues with the plastic tanks collapsing if installed incorrectly but they are easier to handle.
Luckily we still have lots of room for conventional drainfields and if it is installed correctly they give years of excellent service.
There are lots of convention fields in the area are doing well a septic system should last for a couple decades. There are lots of stupid homeowners when was the last time you had the septic tank pumped they look at you and say I don't know. The people that moved from a place like Vancouver you don't have septic tanks. Then you see some people dumping bleach down the drain uh what are you doing you tell them that kills your septic tank.

Not too long after they are having septic system problems because they kept killing the septic tank.

Plastic tanks are used around here where it isn't possible to use a cast concrete one. Concrete is a more durable tank for sure especially if it is being buried in a area where a lawn will be or possibly some weight driven over it.

I used to get the jobs of digging off the top of the septic tanks for pumping and inspection.

Homeowners on septic systems should know where there septic tank is where the drain field is. They should know when the tank was pumped last if in doubt pump it out.

New realestate sales regulations states the homeowner now has to have the septic tank pumped and the system inspected some people are in for some nasty surprises and they have to take 10 grand or more off the asking price.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

BTW, your pics could certainly use some better explanations.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93turbo View Post
Well as you can see in the pic crap floats so untill it starts breaking down where it will settle to the bottom with water self leveling that would hold all the crap in the T plugging up the line. Thats how the baffle on the out feed line works holding all the crap back on the surface and letting the gray water come up in and then out.

Ooooohhh thats how it works! Thanks for the education, I guess there is no logical reason for why a T baffle works then...
Old 06-05-2010, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Here are a few small retaining wall projects I did.
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2010, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Here is a drainage area that was graded wrong and it would build up enough water that a kid almost drowned. I patched it at best. I removed all of the stone regraded and put the stone back with some drain pipes. It really needs a steel grate made to be placed under the fence but this was all that they could afford for now.
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2010, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Insant Lawn. Been laying the heck out of some sod.
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2010, 08:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

How is this a real man's photo tour??? The last pics of the rock drainage looks like nothing was accomplished.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Don't you just love fixing stuff when there is no budget? Better you to be doing sod than me.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
Don't you just love fixing stuff when there is no budget? Better you to be doing sod than me.
I actually have a decent crew this year so I do not mind the sod laying as long as I do not have to do it!

The drain is for the school system so it will eventually get fixed right so maybe I will get payed twice?