Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-10-2010, 01:13 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Hey guys,
Want to get your honest opinions on how bad you all think this looks and get an idea if its going to fully recover or partly recover after I apply the Heritage?

I mowed night before last and it was too dark to get pic's afterwards so I got pics yesterday. To me it don't look as bad as I expected it to look after mowing so want to get you all's professional opinion.

Heritage should be here tomorrow, spraying Saturday.
Attached Images

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women
Old 06-10-2010, 01:19 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry, here's the pic I meant to post as one of the two above was at the same angle trying to get while sun was shining.
Attached Images

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women
Old 06-12-2010, 10:24 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Wishing one of you guys would respond to the question I posted above please

Anyhow,
Heritage came yesterday everyone, got it out on the lawn and it was actually the first time I used the backpack sprayer to do a blanket coat application. So yes, before I applied I calibrated the sprayer in the driveway to get a feel for how fast to walk to put down 1 gallon for 1,000 SQ FT. Usually I fill it up half way or mix up 1 gallon of herbicide at a time and spot spray weeds.

So carrying 4 gallon around for 3 hours needless to say I'm a bit sore this morning
Made for a great workout I should do it more often.

I did screw up so I have to tell you so everyone gets a good laugh.
The stuff is 4 ounces net weight I didn't catch that.

I was measuring it out in a round-up top to 1 fluid ounce and when I got to the last ounce I had more product left which I knew I should not had more then 4 ounces

I guess in my case 2 wrongs did make a right as of I divided it out to 5 equal 1 fluid ounce for 4 gallon I applied at 0.2 ounces per 1,000 which ended up being for the better because I was hoping for pop up T-Storm to wash it in last night which didn't happen.

Then God created Women
Old 06-12-2010, 12:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i wish i could help, but i am color blind, and far away pics do me no good, i need pics of the close up of individual plants to see the lesions and root zone. sorry man, but good thing fungicides are broad spectrum, it will likely(i assume you are not a applicator) take care of the problem. ever think of calling the extension agent out to diagnose, or even a cert applicator of a reputable company??
Old 06-12-2010, 02:46 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
i wish i could help, but i am color blind, and far away pics do me no good, i need pics of the close up of individual plants to see the lesions and root zone. sorry man, but good thing fungicides are broad spectrum, it will likely(i assume you are not a applicator) take care of the problem. ever think of calling the extension agent out to diagnose, or even a cert applicator of a reputable company??
I have one up close in the original post in this thread and another here
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/9848/img0328n.jpg

Your right I'm not an applicator but I'm sure its brown patch as I got hit a couple years back as also stated in the original post. Last time I got hit I didn't know what to do and besides I shouldn't of had to as TruGreen was doing my lawn, which is also why they are not doing it anymore.

Let me know if you need more close-ups I'll get them, but think you answered the question already. Heritage will keep it from dieing now and reverse the damage.

Then God created Women
Old 06-20-2010, 05:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Hello Kirk, over here in plum springs with the same problem. I sure would like to know the results of your spraying of the lawn. Keep us updated. I need to do something to mine also. My lawn is the nicest in the neighborhood till the heat an humidity come, and then it does the exact same thing yours does. Man it sucks after all the hard work. But just to ease your mind, my lawn makes a full recover every year. With no dead spots. Just looks like crap in the summer. Thanks, Doug.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiefresh1967 View Post
Hello Kirk, over here in plum springs with the same problem. I sure would like to know the results of your spraying of the lawn. Keep us updated. I need to do something to mine also. My lawn is the nicest in the neighborhood till the heat an humidity come, and then it does the exact same thing yours does. Man it sucks after all the hard work. But just to ease your mind, my lawn makes a full recover every year. With no dead spots. Just looks like crap in the summer. Thanks, Doug.
Like this weather do yu?
More like August then June but I think the hot weather plus the Heritage is doing my lawn good. I can pull the grass back and the main stem is brown, but I can scrape my fingernail across it and peal away the brown and find green underneath it plus new growth shooting out from the stem.

I'm now mowing at 4.25" due to this heat and here's a pic from Friday after mowing.

Might be my imagination but I do think it looks better then it did a week ago before I applied the fungicide
Attached Images

Then God created Women
Old 06-22-2010, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dKoester View Post
Dollar spot. Use baking Soda at a rate of 1-2 tablespoons per gallon and it will get rid of it. I recently tried it on one of my lawn and it took care of the problem. The fungus will be gone, but the brownish/tan grass will still be there so just rake out the affected grass after about 10 days and repair those spots.
How did you make this application?
Old 06-22-2010, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

In my Stihl backpack sprayer. My brother is a chemist, he knows crazy stuff. Bio chemistry how nice. lol
Old 06-29-2010, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Kirk, how is your lawn looking? I tried an experiment on mine. I to have been mowing over 4 inches high. I cut back to 3 inches high. My theory is with all the rain and humidity the grass is not being able to get oxygen to the roots and soil. This is just my own theory. I did this about a week ago. It is starting to come back. Some very brown patches, but i to can scrap the brown grass and see live grass. I will keep you updated on my progress.

On the bright side the barricade I used is working great no crabgrass.