Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-30-2010, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiefresh1967 View Post
Kirk, how is your lawn looking? I tried an experiment on mine. I to have been mowing over 4 inches high. I cut back to 3 inches high. My theory is with all the rain and humidity the grass is not being able to get oxygen to the roots and soil. This is just my own theory. I did this about a week ago. It is starting to come back. Some very brown patches, but i to can scrap the brown grass and see live grass. I will keep you updated on my progress.

On the bright side the barricade I used is working great no crabgrass.
Have a look see here.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...3&postcount=21
Heritage performed miracles and getting ready to put an app of Clearys on this weekend. I should then be done till fall I'll put another app of clearys on and then another in the spring before the humidity sets in.

See how it goes from there

I've been mowing as high as I can, not because of the BPatch but because of the 90-95 degree temps. I'm mowing this friday and with the temps a bit cooler I'm coming back down to 3.75" if that don't look good then 4"

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women
Old 07-05-2010, 03:04 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Ack... that looks like one of my problem lawns i'm being ripped a new butt on since I posted on the pesticide page with pics. Glad I'm not alone.

Any one try Consan Triple Action 20?
Old 07-05-2010, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanvliet View Post
Ack... that looks like one of my problem lawns i'm being ripped a new butt on since I posted on the pesticide page with pics. Glad I'm not alone.

Any one try Consan Triple Action 20?
I just updated another thread with a new pic yesterday.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...43#post3619443

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women
Old 07-05-2010, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i used eagle on manylawns and mixed it with protect so i had both types of fungicide working. seems to be on progress though, i think heritage would have worked better, but i do not want to build resistance for diseases if you know what i mean. i mix it up and go different chemistry all the time when i can, i am due for a change in barricade in a year or two, but no sure what i would want to use and do, as i dont really want to go thru the list of them i have already used. i want to use somthing very different.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
i used eagle on manylawns and mixed it with protect so i had both types of fungicide working. seems to be on progress though, i think heritage would have worked better, but i do not want to build resistance for diseases if you know what i mean. i mix it up and go different chemistry all the time when i can, i am due for a change in barricade in a year or two, but no sure what i would want to use and do, as i dont really want to go thru the list of them i have already used. i want to use somthing very different.
Have you tried Clearys?
I just got a gallon for my next two preventive applications. I'm putting one down this week which I hope to last me till fall when I put the second application down.

Next spring I'm thinking about T-Storm from Lesco

Then God created Women
Old 07-06-2010, 07:58 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk1701 View Post
Have you tried Clearys?
I just got a gallon for my next two preventive applications. I'm putting one down this week which I hope to last me till fall when I put the second application down.

Next spring I'm thinking about T-Storm from Lesco
Let me know how the cleary's works.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

i usew clearys on shrubs and trees, i use spectro 90 which is 3336 and i think mancozeb. cant remember off hand but it is a combo fungicide. protect is a clearys product which is zinc and magnesium i think, works great as a contact
Old 07-06-2010, 08:34 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

3336g works as a contact and a systemic. Be carefull though...resistance builds very quickly..however it can be sprayed on just about anything without worry...2 shots before rotating. Chlorotholonil is awesome...only a contact though..works instantly. The downside to Chlorotholonil is that it's very easy to burn or stunt when applyed on a hot day or at full rate in full sun....and may last as short as a week. Propiconizole is very good, but its only a systemic....must get into the plant before taking affect.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:13 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlwn1 View Post
3336g works as a contact and a systemic. Be carefull though...resistance builds very quickly..however it can be sprayed on just about anything without worry...2 shots before rotating. Chlorotholonil is awesome...only a contact though..works instantly. The downside to Chlorotholonil is that it's very easy to burn or stunt when applyed on a hot day or at full rate in full sun....and may last as short as a week. Propiconizole is very good, but its only a systemic....must get into the plant before taking affect.
Thanks for the heads up mdlwn1, upper 90's here right now and I was going to apply this evening or tomorrow evening so guess I'd better hold off on that.

I have to admit thought, the Heritage did a miracle, OMG!!!! Lawn is lush deep green like I've never seen before

Well worth the money

Then God created Women
Old 07-06-2010, 03:22 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlwn1 View Post
mdlwn1
Think I misunderstood your post???

Clearys won't burn or stun Chlorotholonil will; right?

Besides, even though its hot here I'll be applying this evening not in the sun.

Then God created Women