Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-23-2011, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatsfan View Post
i generally like to gross between $750-$850 out of a 2 man crew and its usually more like 9-9.5 hour days.

Ok I got to call BS on this. Do you really expect anyone that has been in business for a few years to believe that each of your two employees average $89/per man hr. Holy crap, the national average is around $44/per man hr. You make twice that. Your company must be twice a special. Wow, you have to share your business model. The whole green industry is waiting to take notes.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMlawncare View Post
Ok I got to call BS on this. Do you really expect anyone that has been in business for a few years to believe that each of your two employees average $89/per man hr. Holy crap, the national average is around $44/per man hr. You make twice that. Your company must be twice a special. Wow, you have to share your business model. The whole green industry is waiting to take notes.
2 guys at 850 for 9 hours??? Check your math. $47. Right in line with most others...
Old 03-23-2011, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prezek View Post
2 guys at 850 for 9 hours??? Check your math. $47. Right in line with most others...

Opps, I was in such awe of the solo opps out there doing $600/per day that I forgot that this was a two man crew. I agree $47/man hr is very doable out East with good accounts and routing. Now to tell a newbie this is what he can expect with his account list just starting is not realistic.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Member

I don't understand where you are getting guys to work for $10-11 an hr that are hard working and worth having. My employee hrly rate is 12-18 hr
Old 12-11-2012, 12:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Maybe part of it has to do with the fact that this thread started 2 1/2 years ago.

But it's a good read anyway - thanks for recycling it.

BTW, you don't need to pay lawn mowing laborers 12 - 18 dollars per hour, do you ? Or are you just a really nice boss ?
Old 12-11-2012, 09:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i put an ad on Craigslist for a driver/ with lawn mowing experience for $10
an hour and got over one hundred responses.
Sure some were bad, but i did hire a couple from the ad.
that was this past spring
Old 12-11-2012, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I can't believe 2 man crews working for under $500 per day? One route I can do by myself as a one man crew and gross almost $800 in an 8.5 hour day. This isn't normal but it can be done 1 or 2 days out of a weekly schedule.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

my lawns are far apart except for a few, most have 20 min breaks from lawn to lawn, I really need to fill in the gaps or find new accounts closer to the lawns I already have even still, myself and another guy can do 850-1000 mowing per day. but i only had 1 full day of mowing, next year increase it to 2 or 3 fully days of mowing. and i have a 40 dollar minimum that i stick to for lawns that are up to 8000sq. ft depending on how open it is and how flat it is and how much trimming there is, doesn't take much to bump that lawn up to a 50 dollar cut. most 40 dollar lawns take about 20 mins usually less time. and I feel that is almost too cheap even. but it always seems that way when you have a small number of accounts like i do.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, this year I stayed more picky and increased a few. Between that and picking up more properties in the same area (some even next door) really helped increase our average. I'm right even with the rest of the guys in the Northeast.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I learned from the early age of 17 from my first boss what "sun up till sun down"meant. It makes you a man and keeps you fed. If you are married then I understand not working the 13 a day schedule due to family time. I don't have that problem however being single.