Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-07-2010, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Member

ha ha ha. I tried to buy the same mower. It's listed all over the country for $2600. It's a scam artist trying to rip you off. I had purchased a 2006 Lazer Z HP with 10 hours on it earlier this year for $3600, and thought I had robbed the guy I bought it from. Was reading this thread and was feeling a bit bummed, until I realized that there is no way you are getting that mower for that price.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Are you saving I shouldn't have wired $2930 via Western Union?
Old 06-07-2010, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Member

No man wire the money I am sure that the guy is reputable, and has thousands of these machines that he is selling on Craigslist.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

OK great...can't wait for it to arrive. I think I'll sell the sun shade though, don't want anything interferring with my farmer tan, lol.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Member

ha ha ha lmao. Sure plus the sun shade is just going to get all caught up in the lown hanging tree branches anyways it's the first thing that would go. Let us know how it works out for you.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ya there is a bx kubota floating around on there too!!! Still waiting for a reply to my emails!!!
Old 06-07-2010, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ya thats the one. I was hoping I was going to get a good deal.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Wow. I actually got another reply from the sender. No answers to my questions realting to their proof of ownership of the machine or the serial number but here's what I got.

The mower is in El Paso, TX.

I want to finish this deal through eBay International Trading. They will hold your payment and release it to me only after you will receive, inspect and agree with the mower. I will give you 3 inspection days.

I will start the shipping in the same day with the payment confirmation.
The delivery process to your location will take 5-6 days.

Tell me if we can get the ball rolling and I will contact eBay regarding our transaction. after that they will send you the information of the purchasing.

Thanks

Ok, so if they're doing it thru ebay, why list it on Craigs List? And does it still sound like a scam? Maybe they have fake ebay stuff mocked up, I've seen that before. Gotta watch the URL and make sure it's legit. Man, I hate scammers!

P.S. - I noticed the wording is a little weird, almost looks like them damn badly translated manuals for Japaneese appliances.

Last edited by Darryl G; 06-07-2010 at 11:01 PM. Reason: P.S.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Zmaster-man, be careful there! I saw that same exact add, down to the hours and price on craigslist in my area. If that is where you saw it at there is a good chance it is a scam. And to answer your question I had a 23 on a 60" deere 737 and the power was very adaquate.
echo hedge clippers
echo long pole hedge clippers
Redmax weedeater
echo 650 BP blower
6 x 16 trailer
5 x 8 trailor
2001 Chevy LS Silverado
Polaris Sportsman 500 AWD ATV
last but not least, TWINS!
Old 06-07-2010, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by QualityLawnCare4u View Post
Zmaster-man, be careful there! I saw that same exact add, down to the hours and price on craigslist in my area. If that is where you saw it at there is a good chance it is a scam. And to answer your question I had a 23 on a 60" deere 737 and the power was very adaquate.
I agree, I'm in contact with the seller now and it defintely seems fishy. I just emailed back that after I get the serial number like I asked for, then we can talk. See my post above yours.

LOL, I just got a reply to a previous message too where I asked for a phone number to discuss things. Here's what I got, pretty much the same as the other message I got but now it's looking really really fishy...can't be reached by phone due to a neck infection, rofl.

The mower is in El Paso, TX. I am ashamed to tell you this. I can't be reached by phone I have a neck infection.. Feel free to ask me anything by email.

I want to finish this deal through eBay International Trading. They will hold your payment and release it to me only after you will receive, inspect and agree with the mower. I will give you 3 inspection days.

I will start the shipping in the same day with the payment confirmation.
The delivery process to your location will take 5-6 days.

Tell me if we can get the ball rolling and I will contact eBay regarding our transaction. after that they will send you the information of the purchasing.

Thanks

Last edited by Darryl G; 06-07-2010 at 11:13 PM. Reason: LOL