Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-10-2010, 07:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Where do you attach the bottom drain too, (where does the pipe go)
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-10-2010, 07:56 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajslands View Post
Where do you attach the bottom drain too, (where does the pipe go)
Posted via Mobile Device
Like I said I dont build ponds BUT dont take this the wrong way, You are in way over your head. Go to a "build a pond day" get some dvd's, books...then come back here and ask questions you still may have. You try and build a pond with you very limited knowledge your going to end up with a very unhappy customer or maybe a law suite
Old 06-10-2010, 08:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl-landscapes View Post
Like I said I dont build ponds BUT dont take this the wrong way, You are in way over your head. Go to a "build a pond day" get some dvd's, books...then come back here and ask questions you still may have. You try and build a pond with you very limited knowledge your going to end up with a very unhappy customer or maybe a law suite
This is on-target advice. You evidently have the desire, so the learning should come fairly easily. Get some knowledge and experience under your belt before you tackle any project for a customer. Build a pond in your own yard first and be really self-critical of your work. Strive for nothing less than perfection.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

My parents won't let me build a pond :crying:

oh btw i think I'm still gonna do this job, I'll just have someone with me that knows what their doing, just so I don't have an unhappy customer. I got a book the other day caled waterfalls, streams and ponds, (made by ortho) and it was very knoledgeable.

so since I read that, I have one question, would you guys reccomend a uv clarrifier?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-10-2010, 04:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

ortho books reliable? maybe for someone who doent know chit. Maybe sub it out and apprentice the crew to see how its done. Have the other company price it and add a little on top foryou and then get paid to learn.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

UV Clarifier? You need to clarify your thought processes. You have asked for and received very solid advice from those that have 'Been there-Done that' but, you are choosing to ignore it. You need to temper your enthusiasm with a little wisdom offered from others.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadpole View Post
UV Clarifier? You need to clarify your thought processes. You have asked for and received very solid advice from those that have 'Been there-Done that' but, you are choosing to ignore it. You need to temper your enthusiasm with a little wisdom offered from others.
I'll just have someone with me that knows what their doing,

I don't see how I'm ignoring this but w/e.

thanks for all the tips you guys.

I read that in that book I just got, it said that it helped to keep the alage out!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-14-2010, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Member

How is the pond build going?
Old 07-15-2010, 01:09 AM
LawnSite Member

building new pond

Like most projects, this one has expanded. From $10,500 it has grown to about $18,000.
I have used 5 loads of basalt boulders, and 5 truck loads of topsoil. I am building the pump house to look like a japanese teahouse. The pond is block with pool plaster. Bogs at one end of the pond (but isolated from the pond with its own water supply) grow cattails and other aquatic plants. Large Atlas cedars grace a large planting bed to one side. A flagstone walkway looks like it leads into a forest but it just goes a little ways to the irrigation controls.
It is progressing nicely. We've been working on it for one week now. It should be finished in one more week. I only work on it for 3 days a week so it might take a couple of part weeks. The devil is in the details. I do have pictures and will post some later.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:20 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclark2037 View Post
How is the pond build going?
i didn't do much! All I did was put the liner in fill it up and build a waterfall. Homeowner had some carpenter dig the hole
Posted via Mobile Device