Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-15-2010, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biodale View Post
Like most projects, this one has expanded. From $10,500 it has grown to about $18,000.
I have used 5 loads of basalt boulders, and 5 truck loads of topsoil. I am building the pump house to look like a japanese teahouse. The pond is block with pool plaster. Bogs at one end of the pond (but isolated from the pond with its own water supply) grow cattails and other aquatic plants. Large Atlas cedars grace a large planting bed to one side. A flagstone walkway looks like it leads into a forest but it just goes a little ways to the irrigation controls.
It is progressing nicely. We've been working on it for one week now. It should be finished in one more week. I only work on it for 3 days a week so it might take a couple of part weeks. The devil is in the details. I do have pictures and will post some later.
Start another thread with some build pics and details. This sounds like a cool project.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajslands View Post
i didn't do much! All I did was put the liner in fill it up and build a waterfall. Homeowner had some carpenter dig the hole
Posted via Mobile Device
this is the **** i hate soooooo bad wen you go give a price and some kid comes in and really screws it up..... ( just get the numbers and the know how to do this before going and making all us look like ****)))_))
Old 09-05-2010, 04:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I salute you for your efforts.
I started business when I was 16, and you can be successful. Screw all the old guys on this forum...

Before you install that big of a pond and waterfall for a client, be very sure you understand all options in materials and construction techniques.

You said you have experience, so I won't criticize too much; just be 100% sure that you would want the products that you are selling your client to be installed in the same manor in front of your $400,000 house. After thinking about the money statement, please realize that you are probably working for someone who is making an investment in their home or property...Just think of how you would want it done if you spent X amount on a property and a home... You want something great!

25 years old 7 years in business ownership