Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-11-2010, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Member

forms from lawncare success

Hi. I was wondering if any one here has ordered the bidding forms, contracts,etc... from lawncare success and if they are indead good for beginner bidders??? I have a dozen accounts right now and none of them are under contracts and I have not had to bid on them (most of them are subcontracted to me) and I'm debating about going full time next season and I'm considering purchasing this package but would like to get some hands-on reviews first. Thank you!
Old 06-11-2010, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I ordered that stuff years ago and was really disappointed. I could have done better myself. But then again I pretty much wrote letters, proposals and contracts for a living in my former job. I've still got them on my puter someone, never used them. I complained and was supposed to get my money back but never did. If you're really clueless on that kind of stuff, it's a good starting point, but they didn't do a thing for me. I don't know if they've been edited or improved since then though.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Member

i know this is a day late and a dollar short here, but curious as to if anyone has ordered it. i have, and the www.lawncareresources.com site is still down. been down for a while now. starting to get annoyed with them. the forms are basic but a good starting point. the links i was promised are on that website and it doesn't work. anyone else try this ?
Old 10-10-2010, 07:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Forms

The first thing you should do when going into business these days is get a good accounting program. There are several out there, but I do feel that Quickbooks is the best. They offer different packages depending on what you want to get out of it.
The program allows you to create all your estimates and invoices as well as track all your receivables and more. This will be very important when it comes time for billing, and tracking where your money is and who owes it to you.

I have used Perfco http://www.shamrockresource.com/Defa...rce.com/perfco for a lot of my forms. The are very reasonable and helpful.

Good Luck
Old 10-10-2010, 07:50 AM
LawnSite Member

I just got it recently because was curious. We have been in business for 12 years with consistent growth and usually write all my own stuff and send letters out typically 3x per year. But, I am open to anything that may aid in our business to growth or new ideas. The forms or letters I probably won't really use but for someone new I would recommend it. The reading wasn't bad either and there are some good points and ideas he goes over. So in a nutshell, if you are first starting out and want to build a business... in my opinion, its worth checking out...