Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-19-2010, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Member

New Grandstand 48" 23hp

Was delivered yesterday and used it at my residence for the first time today. Love it !

Only one problem is I notice that when you slowly advance the engine throttle, the cable sticks and stop moving the throttle lever on the carb until you push further and then it "pops" or moves quickly to move RPM more than I wish. Only does this when increasing throttle and not reducing. It is like the cable is binding and not operating smoothly.

Anyone else having this problem, if so is there a fix as this is the only thing that is not perfect on this mower for me. It is used only for my personal lawn/estate.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:37 PM
Sponsor

greggebhardt -

We suggest contacting your dealer to have the cable checked out and if defective replaced. Sometimes the jacket that protects the cable actually catches causing this type of issue. This can be remedied by trimming the jacket to avoid catching.

FYI, the engine speed should always be set to full throttle when ever the mower is in use. Use the variable speed control selector located in the center of the control console to modify ground speed, but you always want full engine RPM to the deck and hydraulics.

-The Toro Company