Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-29-2000, 10:37 AM
LawnSite Member

I LIVE IN THE UK SO ITS HARD TO GET INFO ON MY CREW CAB CHEVY 4X4 PICKUP. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP. <br>THE TRANSMITION WAS SLIPPING FOR A WHILE, LATE CHANGING UP ETC. ATF LEVELS WERE FINE. ON A JOURNEY HOME IT GOT WORSE UNTIL I LOST ALL DRIVE. REVERSE WORKS FINE.<br>ANY IDEAS??
Old 03-29-2000, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Member

time for a new one. Is the color of your fluid darker than new? I`ve had more than a few transmitions do this. Do you know what transmition is in your truck? The cheapest and easiest thing to do is just get a new one. or a rebuilt transmition. they usually come with warranties. I`m not sure about how availiable chevy parts and service is in the UK. frahmie
Old 03-29-2000, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Member

As said, Its sound like its time for a trans. I have been though this before. I recommend An AC Delco rebuilt. I have fewer problems with them. And I have had many freshly rebuilt trans that didn't work Right. One of these days I may start rebuilting my own. Good Luck.<br>PS How is the weather There?
Old 03-29-2000, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Member

It sounds to me like the clutches in the transmisson are burnt up there are steel clutches and also fiber ones. It's either that or the front pump went out on it. I c that the other people said to buy a rebuilt trans. It's not that hard if you have any knowledge of transmissions to rebuild one, Not to mention a whole lot cheaper. You are wondering why you have no foward and still have Reverse. The reason for this is that there are 2 diff sets of clutches in the trans. Also what kind of trans does it have in it?
Old 03-30-2000, 06:20 AM
LawnSite Member

CHEERS GUYS,<br>SINCE YOU ASK, TODAY THE WEATHER IS SUNNY AND WARM.<br>IT HAS THE TH400 TRANS. I THINK I MAY HAVE A GO AT REPAIRING THIS ONE. SINCE ITS NOT SOMETHING OBVIOUS AND EASY I'LL TAKE THE TRANS OUT TODAY AND HAVE A BASH.<br>CHEERS<br>ROB