Register free!

Old 06-16-2010, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Dog Problem

Seems I read on here last year about this but can't find it in a search now. Have a new neighbor with two dogs, pit bull and a Rottweiler. Both have seemed to have trained them self to use my front yard and go back home

Now I could say something to the guy but I'd rather not as he and I have seemed to become good friends and don't want that to change, that aside I'm sure its just a matter of time before one of the other neighbors calls the cops as the dogs are not on a leash so my saying something now will complicate matters later if he thinks I called the cops.

What I'm looking for is that stuff you spray that deters dogs so they will go elsewhere to pass the feces and urinate? I know I seen it on here but can't find it.

Thanks in advance.

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women
Old 06-16-2010, 05:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Talk to the neighbor. He will be understanding and probably more than happy to oblige, especially if you guys are friends.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Kirk - good grief don't be a coward man.

Either talk to this dude (who obviously has no respect for anyone else, letting his mutts do that) personally, or call the city/cops and they can ticket him.

Same thing around here, dogs pooping/running everywhere, I am sick and tired of it. Talk to the owner (easier said than done, as they love 'poor ol fido'), or call them in.
09 Exmark Turf Tracer HP 36"
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
2 Husqvarna 125B Blowers
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 06-16-2010, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk1701 View Post
What I'm looking for is that stuff you spray that deters dogs so they will go elsewhere to pass the feces and urinate? I know I seen it on here but can't find it.

Thanks in advance.
Its not a spray its called a pellet gun
Old 06-16-2010, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Most people are not at all objective about their dogs - some are more fond of their dog than they are their own kids.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Seriously Kirk your running scared, let the guy know you don't appreciate his mutt shitting in your yard.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The dogs are going in your yard because they like to keep their area clean.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I hear you Kirk. Don't punch him in the nose. Use some finesse. Plastic poison mushrooms really get the owner's attention. http://www.etsy.com/listing/40979490...age=1&includes[]=tags_exact
You wouldn't put out real mushrooms--of course. Or put about 4 or 5 mole traps in the affected area, don't set the traps. When said owner spots them, he will be be careful to protect his prize dogs. If the owner doesn't get the hint, you can always graduate to mouse traps--but of course do not use anything or bait that would attract dogs. Graduate to racoon traps if you need to.

If no response, let the owner know you are putting down plenty of grub control.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:56 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
Kirk - good grief don't be a coward man.

Either talk to this dude (who obviously has no respect for anyone else, letting his mutts do that) personally, or call the city/cops and they can ticket him.

Same thing around here, dogs pooping/running everywhere, I am sick and tired of it. Talk to the owner (easier said than done, as they love 'poor ol fido'), or call them in.
Yep, plenty of dogs running here to but none has taken my yard as their permanent toilet for every dump this predicament I'm in is actually kind of funny in a way but sad. I don't mind it here and there on ocasion but this?

As for saying something we'll, that's just it, had enough issues with neighbors to alienate another and me and this guy has hit it off pretty well even plan on going golfing here in the next week. However, these dogs are running loose all the time, they run out and jump on (playfully) anyone walking down the street but the dogs are strangers to the neighborhood and you can imagine people are going to be afraid especially of a pit bull running at you.

So I'm thinking if I'm the first to bring it up, then another neighbor does call the sheriff's Dept which is only bound to happen before end of summer (knowing my neighbors) and one guy up the street even told me he's done shot at one of them in his garden. Now the guys looking at me as the one who called the sheriff and there goes the start of yet another fight I'd rather not be part of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassyfras View Post
The dogs are going in your yard because they like to keep their area clean.
Yep, thats what I thought as we'll and looks like they are almost trained them self to go across the street every time. Or, they are marking their territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
I hear you Kirk. Don't punch him in the nose. Use some finesse. Plastic poison mushrooms really get the owner's attention. http://www.etsy.com/listing/40979490...age=1&includes[]=tags_exact
You wouldn't put out real mushrooms--of course. Or put about 4 or 5 mole traps in the affected area, don't set the traps. When said owner spots them, he will be be careful to protect his prize dogs. If the owner doesn't get the hint, you can always graduate to mouse traps--but of course do not use anything or bait that would attract dogs. Graduate to racoon traps if you need to.

If no response, let the owner know you are putting down plenty of grub control.
Now there's not a half bad idea, I can keep the guy under the impression long enough that the brown patch is highly transferable to his Bermuda/crabgrass and does spread even by the dogs paws. That should cover me for the next month then the grub control does go down and it's poison. By that time one of the other neighbors is going to have called the sheriff's dept for sure leaving me completely out of this.

But if anyone knows of this repellent I'm still open to that idea, just go across the frontage at the street should do the trick if it exists, maybe I misread a thread and confusing it with something.

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women
Old 06-17-2010, 12:59 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Put some "food" out for them.
T270 Shindaiwa Trimmer
RedMax Trimmer
M242 Shindaiwa Multi Use with pole saw & hedge trimmer
Echo PB620 BP Blower
EB 630 Shindaiwa BP Blower
14' Tandem Axle Trailer with racks