Register free!

Old 06-18-2010, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

All the neighbors need is for one of these dogs to attack a kid or hell for that matter a adult. quit running scared and talk to this guy.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:53 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
Kirk - still doesn't solve the mutt problem in the neighborhood, the fools just moved down the street and are crappin elsewhere for now. They will be back.

MAN UP.
Yea I know, and I will. Next time I see him which will be over the weekend I'm saying something and there is crap in the road now to prove it. I mowed tonight, took 4 or 5 scoops and just shoveled it into the road as to say hey, get the idea neighbor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Service 1st Lawn Care View Post
All the neighbors need is for one of these dogs to attack a kid or hell for that matter a adult. quit running scared and talk to this guy.
The dogs are huge, but they are just that big babies too and friendly, but we all know how that goes especially Pitt-Bulls; my belief is they will turn on you even the owner. So, someone is going to call sooner or later before a kid does get hurt. And the laws out here are from dust till dawn dogs can roam but must be on a leash from dawn to dust

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women
Old 06-19-2010, 07:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Next time throw the turd on his drive.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:03 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk1701 View Post
Seems I read on here last year about this but can't find it in a search now. Have a new neighbor with two dogs, pit bull and a Rottweiler. Both have seemed to have trained them self to use my front yard and go back home

Now I could say something to the guy but I'd rather not as he and I have seemed to become good friends and don't want that to change, that aside I'm sure its just a matter of time before one of the other neighbors calls the cops as the dogs are not on a leash so my saying something now will complicate matters later if he thinks I called the cops.

What I'm looking for is that stuff you spray that deters dogs so they will go elsewhere to pass the feces and urinate? I know I seen it on here but can't find it.

Thanks in advance.
A liberal sprinkling of Cyane pepper has always worked well for me
Old 06-19-2010, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe a mirror next to your fire hydrant would help--every time they go near it they see an ugly pitbull, and it scares them away.

One of my lady customes was an animal control officer for the city. Years of experience. She was talking with this guy in his kitchen about confining his pit bulls, and issuing a ticket. One of the dogs grabbed her hand. He would not let go. Even when the owner pounded him on the head. Eventually they had to pry the dog's jaws open with a couple screwdrivers. She had a couple surgerys ro repair her hand, and it ruined her golf game for two years. She had to retire. Dog was put down, but owner was too poor to sue.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Call animal control on the dogs. They won't tell the guy who called. When he mentions that his dogs are at the pound. Just tell him its probly the mean guy down the road that called, and sympathize.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Well guys, looks like were gonna be good.

Talked to him tonight, first chance I've got actually I kid you not. While we were BSing a car came down the street and so was the dog. Car had to slow down and after the car passed I thought now's a good time, first brought up the dog up the street that got hit and killed last week. Then I let him know the dog was crapping in my yard and just let him know if I seen him I'll just scolled him no biggie. He said that was fine and if I seen him just point and he'd come with a shovel and get it up.

So think between the two of us working together we can train them to go in the woods which should be seen it the pic above.

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women
Old 06-22-2010, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Member

If the dogs are smart enough to use a neighbors yard then they're probably smart enough to clean up their own mess. They just need a little encouragement. Start by cooking a pound of bacon and set it aside for later. Take the bacon grease and dump a little on each pile. When the dogs return they will take care of the tasty treats as you sit inside enjoying your delicious bacon. Bonus points if the owner witnesses the clean-up.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderdawg View Post
If the dogs are smart enough to use a neighbors yard then they're probably smart enough to clean up their own mess. They just need a little encouragement. Start by cooking a pound of bacon and set it aside for later. Take the bacon grease and dump a little on each pile. When the dogs return they will take care of the tasty treats as you sit inside enjoying your delicious bacon. Bonus points if the owner witnesses the clean-up.

Awsome TDawg butproblem solved.

Then God created Women
Old 06-23-2010, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Now that's a good one. I new a guy that trained his chow to chase geese of of his pond and yard. When I asked him how . He said he just got on all fours and chased after the geese and barked at them himself, and the dog done likewise. He was serious. Maybe you could try something like that.