Register free!

Old 06-24-2010, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You do seem like a decent guy Kirk - sorry to take such a hard line on you.
09 Exmark Turf Tracer HP 36"
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
2 Husqvarna 125B Blowers
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 06-25-2010, 12:27 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
kirk -- Your friend had an Angel watching over him (YOU). What you did is something to be very proud of.......something you will never forget I'm sure. Most of us live an entire lifetime never to do what you did. If I needed help, I'd want a guy like you in my corner -- a "giver" not a "taker". You're a good man. I wish there were more like you, Larry.

Regarding the guy that shot the dog in the face with a shotgun: They caught him today in Altoona (suburb of Des Moines). The guy is a convicted felon with outstanding warrants. I'll be watching details tonight at 6:00 p.m. on http://www.kcci.com.
Thanks Larry,
I'm just glad I knew what to do. I used to work at a college teaching Microsoft classes but it also taught medical, lots and lots of medical classes and some of that couldn't help but have rubbed off.
I guess the thing that counted was not panicing when it meant the most; that surprised even myself

As for the dog, DAM good to hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
You do seem like a decent guy Kirk - sorry to take such a hard line on you.
ahh, didn't know you were being hard line DA

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women
Old 06-26-2010, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

We'll guys, my buddy had another spell this afternoon. I was gone to town and a neighbor up the street called over looking for me to help him get the guy inside as it was over 95 degrees outside and he found him laying in the sun

I was gone to town so the home health nurse who stays with my dad while were gone helped the neighbor get him inside then I checked in on him and my neighbor up the street as he was a bit shook up from the incident as well.

Looks like were going to be looking out for each other for a long time to come.

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women
Old 06-26-2010, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

He is a lucky guy you live there, Kirk. In my opinion--he owes you a big one.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:02 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
He is a lucky guy you live there, Kirk. In my opinion--he owes you a big one.
I know, but now I find myself in a new predicament

Don't know how to break it to the guy or keep from hurting his feelings now as it seems like he don't know when they are coming on. God forbid we been on the road the other night when he had one we both might be dead so him driving to begin with is not a very wise idea.

Next time he mentions going somewhere I'll just say no but eventually saying no time after time he's going to end up with hurt feelings now; as we did have plans to start golfing.

I have a feeling that last a good 30-45 seconds before I have a seizure so if I'm on the riding mower I know dam well I best stop that machine ASAP.

And I don't drive thats completely out of the question.

On the flip side, he likes flowers, tree's and is always piddling outside with something and me, usually the same I love outdoors so we can both look out for each other which in a way I think is a blessing in disguise

Then God created Women