Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-27-2010, 03:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinNJ View Post
just because you can drive a car does not make you qualified to run the Indy 500.

I can wash a 2000sf-2 story home in 45 minutes, NO ladders, NO scaffolding and the tips I use are NOT mentioned in ANY manual. That is a $250 job in my area.

With the proper training and tools, my 4gpm rig will wash up to 3 stories high and my 8gpm much higher, ALL without ladders and no custom work done on the machines. Also my machines are much higher quality than you will find in any of the box stores.

The funny thing is, you admit to not being in the power washing business yet you try to tell us how easy it is. By your thinking, anyone with a drill and pair of pliers can be a dentist, anyone with a bucket and paint brush can be a painter, heck spend the money on a knife and become a surgeon.

My point is this - you have no idea what you are talking about and you have no interest in learning so you should not be telling us how "easy" it is.
And you are the allmighty "god of powerwashing"?

He is very right, there is no rocket science involved at all with power washing. You guys think your the bestr and no one else can do it. Was your very first powerwash job done with the equipment you have now? Im willing to bet that the answer is no. Im sure you started out just like everyone else did, with according to you "crappy" equipment; unless that is you started off of mommy and daddy money. I know I got to where I am by working hard and SUCCESSFULLY running my business, and producing 5 star restaurant work at MY prices. Every time someone new comes in here, like the op, ALL of you get your panties in a bunch and start telling them how only a pro can do it and they are gonna fail at being a powerwasher. It gets old. Big effin deal, you washed a house in 45 minutes with no ladder wanna cookie now?

My point is, you are not gods. you are not the only people that will run a successful powerwashing business. get over yourselves, you really are not that great
Old 06-27-2010, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
just because you can drive a car does not make you qualified to run the Indy 500.

I can wash a 2000sf-2 story home in 45 minutes, NO ladders, NO scaffolding and the tips I use are NOT mentioned in ANY manual. That is a $250 job in my area.

With the proper training and tools, my 4gpm rig will wash up to 3 stories high and my 8gpm much higher, ALL without ladders and no custom work done on the machines. Also my machines are much higher quality than you will find in any of the box stores.

The funny thing is, you admit to not being in the power washing business yet you try to tell us how easy it is. By your thinking, anyone with a drill and pair of pliers can be a dentist, anyone with a bucket and paint brush can be a painter, heck spend the money on a knife and become a surgeon.

My point is this - you have no idea what you are talking about and you have no interest in learning so you should not be telling us how "easy" it is.
I cannot believe you would mention your powerwashing job in the same sentence as being a dentist or surgeon. LOL

WOW....Do you know how many years of school it takes for those jobs? You think you can use a surgeon or a dentists job as a comparison to POWER WASHING No I dont think I can pick up a knife or pliers and be a dentist or surgeon. I can however pick up a powerwasher and clean my house and have done it successfully several times. I think you need to re-evaluate yourself. How many years of powerwashing school did you go to. Did you have to do a residency....LOL a surgeon or a dentist....I have heard it all. BTW..painting is monkey work too.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Member

I am done trying to teach on this thread, you guys are not mature enough to even listen or ask questions.

I will say this, Thanks to guys like you, my business grows every year. You will be out of business or always broke year after year and thats a shame.

Good luck
Old 06-27-2010, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I am done trying to teach on this thread, you guys are not mature enough to even listen or ask questions.

I will say this, Thanks to guys like you, my business grows every year. You will be out of business or always broke year after year and thats a shame.

Good luck
Please explain how I will go out of business? I have been doing this for 7 years now, no losses yet. Oh wait, thats right, in your mind no one is good like you.

Keep your macho attitude and go tell someone who cares. Your a freakin idiot, plain and simple.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:

Good luck
10 years in business for me. Thanks for your concern. I am not looking to be taught by you. You dont answer any questions. You shoot out ridiculous comparisons and offer very little. All questions directed to you have been ignored and I have answered everything you have asked whether you like the answer or not. I do question your maturity level and the amount of time you have been in business though given your snappy answers and your lack of ability to read and understand someone elses point of view.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have no dog in this fight at all, but for the 2 fellows that really haven't anything positive to say, why are you here? They're is plenty of mud slinging in the Politics forum, see ya there.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I guess I just tell things how they are. Might not always be positive I guess but I think its funny when guys talk about how important they are and no one can do what they do. Turning powerwashing into brain surgery just irks me for whatever reason.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:

I too have no dog in this fight, but I was wondering if you use a regular length wand and stand from the ground or have a telescoping wand or what? We power wash driveways and sidewalks - nothing that requires lifting the wand up: it is significantly harder to do a house, but not really hard. We use a whisper washer ground force which makes MOST of the job a no brainer, but you still need to know what you are doing.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobroslawns View Post
I too have no dog in this fight, but I was wondering if you use a regular length wand and stand from the ground or have a telescoping wand or what? We power wash driveways and sidewalks - nothing that requires lifting the wand up: it is significantly harder to do a house, but not really hard. We use a whisper washer ground force which makes MOST of the job a no brainer, but you still need to know what you are doing.
I use a 6" lance up to 2 stories, 36" for 3-4 stories and windy days. I use the big guy for flat work which is only small residential stuff (driveways, sidewalks, breezeways, etc...)
Old 06-27-2010, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

So what if the house is sided? can you spray from the ground upward and not get water up under the boards? What type of nozzle do you use?

Saturday our gr0und force started vibrating, not like a mower might but it was almost pulling itself around in circles and the performance was a lot worse than usual. It is still a couple months old so it MUST still be under warrenty. I'm gonna bring it in soon.
On a different note, my brother put the white noxxle in our wand and didn't click it in and he shot it out into the woods. $7 down the drain. (no pun intended)