The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-01-2012, 01:18 PM
LawnSite Member

This is fun! Haha

It's way more than a "few" bucks
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-01-2012, 03:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'd wonder about all the 'little stuff' on these mowers. Thinking about my eXmark for example...even down to the bolts used, it's high quality. The bolts and other fasteners are the rust-proof type. I can't find anything that gets rusty on my mower. I've been very pleased with even those little details.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:19 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawakx125 View Post
if they in fact do have a quality product that holds up over time for much less than an american made mower (where half the parts are from japan or china) then the american makers need to rethink their prices. i'm a fan of american made too but i'm also a fan of getting the most bang for my buck. especially in this economy. all of you that love the kawasaki motors on these, where the hell do you think they come from? it ain't an american made motor...
Remember that when someone says your prices are too high.

You guys can race to the bottom. Some of us have figured out there is ecosystem that gets destroyed from the bottom up when you let what could be considered slave labor take over and displace blue collar jobs.

There are things that have been lost for good. Lets not give away every damn thing.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Can anyone provide pics of cut quality? I looked at one but ultimately decided I did not want to give my $$$ to China. Looking at the specs they seem like a lot of bang for the buck. Of course, there are a lot of things that look good on paper.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Remember that when someone says your prices are too high.

You guys can race to the bottom. Some of us have figured out there is ecosystem that gets destroyed from the bottom up when you let what could be considered slave labor take over and displace blue collar jobs.

There are things that have been lost for good. Lets not give away every damn thing.
Exactly right bro!
Old 10-01-2012, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like a good alternative to buying used.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

There is a reason dozens of Chinese mowers have come and gone over the years. China does not make good equipment, tools, fasteners or steel. Forget about the welds, or R&D needed to fabricate a deck with good cut quality.

We have no long term reviews, no cut quality pics and a mower that looks like it was put together in a garage. I dont take these kind of chances when my living depends on it!!

We pick apart the best mowers made in the world just imagine if we got our hands on one of these terds....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-01-2012, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
Its a piece of garbage.
Proof please!? Other than ur comments. Have u run one? Do u own one?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-01-2012, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
There is a reason dozens of Chinese mowers have come and gone over the years. China does not make good equipment, tools, fasteners or steel. Forget about the welds, or R&D needed to fabricate a deck with good cut quality.
Posted via Mobile Device
Correct, but they are good at taking somebody else's design and copying it. That way they don't have to invest in R&D, which allows them to bring it to market for even less money.

The way I approach these things is that I'll buy an American product first, even if it is a little more expensive. For me it's not even really about the American made products being superior, it's more about supporting my fellow American. I'll go out of my way to buy groceries, electronics, or whatever else I need from a locally owned mom & pop versus a chain store. But that's just me and my choice, everyone else is entitled to make their own choices.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpcut 1 View Post
Hate to say this guys, as I own a couple of muscle cars and am as pro-american as any other red blooded american, but we sold a few this year. Let me say we are a Hustler, Walker, redhawk, and Big-dog dealer also. So far, the only problem we have had with the 5 units we sold, is one of the fuse olders went bad, and the fuse that powers up the wiring harness did'nt make contact. One machine is owned by a contractor that cuts foreclosures, so lots of times grass is 2-3 feet high. All mowers have 100-200 hours on them so far. How they will do in another 500 hours remains to be seen, but so far so good. We were selling 25 hp kawasaki's with 60" decks for 6700.00. Big Dogs are the next closest for 7500.00 Only time will tell. They run real pumps and wheel motors, and have bigger hydro reservoirs than Exmark. If you look at them, they are a copy of an Exmark, minus the horizontal engine, which means it's a straight shot for the blade belt, not a mule drive like an Exmark. Sorry to say, but if the US manufacturers don't lower their prices, your gonna see the same thing happen to the mower industry as you saw happen to the car industry. This is coming from a dealer who has only owned GM products since he started driving over 30 years ago.
Lowballers are killing your pricing, you can't be paying more and more for replacement mowers. Do the math. You guys need to band together and keep pricing up, instead of undercutting each other. I was in the Lawn Maintence end for over 15 years before becoming a dealer, and guys are cutting for less today than when I was. Back then, a brand new Wheelhorse CHAIN DRIVE 724 was $5500.00 with a Trac-vac. Now, just a fully loaded Z is almost double, and prices are lower.

Sorry for the rant and off- topic. Now back to the original thread!!
We don't make our living in China, America is finished. Once they finish taking our ability away to take care of ourselves they are going to start hearding us around like cattle. So be it, the guy's who put this country together were wrong and the stupidity of the masses has proved it.