Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-22-2010, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Partner K950 Flooding

Any help with this problem is appreciated.

I have a Partner K950 Demo Saw. I use it for cutting concrete and Retaining wall blocks. It has been a good saw.

Recently my employees complained that they had trouble starting it after they had used it once. In other words, it starts the first time, after it has been sitting for a while. After that it won't start.

I noticed I while back that the decompression valve (button) was not popping out after it started. We then noticed that a dark fuel oil mixture was dripping from the decompression switch.

I took the thing apart and replaced the filters and found that the paper filter was pretty wet with oil. I also noticed that the elbow coming out of the carb was full of fuel. I dumped that fuel out.
I checked the spark plug and noticed it was very wet. After cleaning the plug and replacing the filters, it fired up but wouldn't run very well, and once I shut it off it would start again. I tore it back down and found a screw to adjust the throttle. I turned it in a lot to open the throttle, and it atleast ideled and all in all ran better. Now, three days later it is back to running rich and flooding.

I down loaded the manual but didn't find anything that seamed to help.

Thanks for any advice.