Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-09-2010, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

all my account are 300.00 to 500.00 to do fall clean up i have done them for years. i ran around blow the leaves out round the house and trees and beds then jump on the mower bag them up and put them in back of the truck then dump them some places all my account i had for 10 years now i don't have to keep track of time on them now they don't ***** about the amount
Old 07-09-2010, 12:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Leaf removal depends alot on the area you are working on. I live in a gated community of 800 houses and only work here. Properties go from nice and flat with grass to hill sides going down to the lake. My leaf removal prices vary depending on the land, how accessable, amount of leaves, amount of sticks on the ground, and how long has it been since last clean up. If you are dealing with a place that has'nt been done in a few years, you have a lot of old crap to deal with. This will be my third year, first year was a nightmare. I now have a 16 ft. trailer with plywood sides. I put a large tarp on the floor first, then drag tarped leaves on. Depending on how wet the leave are will determine how much I put on, usualy about a little more than half a load if they are dry, then you can drag the tarp out and not have much to rake out. Sorry so long, hope that helps.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

richardb you are right. on my account i flat rate them. they are all happy with it and they know that sometimes i have more time in the clean up and less time in it. i hate doing in the wind
Old 07-09-2010, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Lawn View Post
i use a very intricate and complicated system of a rake and trash bags
They clearly don't have trees where you live. Where I live I couldn't keep up on my yard with a rake and bags. I'd go broke buying bags too.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Member

I use backpacks to get stuff away from the house and out of bushes and such. Then push blowers to send them and then the leaf plow on my ZTR mower to push them to the truck loader. All depending on the size of the property, i have two to three back packs, two to three push blowers and the leaf plow working. Our leaf loader is a 16HP Giant vac...monster...thats all i can say haha

2014 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Diesel 6.7L
2007 Ford F-550 Powerstroke Switch-n-go 6.0L
2005 Ford F-250 Powerstroke Diesel 6.0L
2000 Ford F-250 Powerstroke w/EZdump 7.3L
2010 7x16 Enclosed
2013 60" eXmark Vantage X-series
eXmark 52" and 36" hydro Walk behinds
Little Wonder & Billy Goat Force Push Blowers
REDMAX Blowers, Trimmers
Giant Vac 35hp Truck Loader
Bandit 250xp 12" chipper
Husqvarna XP saws
Old 08-18-2010, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Member

i usually charge about 50 to $65 per hour...but never tell them your hourly rate....that will scare them....what i do is i see the property then i know more or less how long i will take.....example if i see the property and it looks like a 4 hour job then i tell them that it will cost $200 and i always add 1 extra hour just in case a bump happens .....so 250 if it takes 4 hours...

hope this helps
Old 08-19-2010, 12:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Our leaf removals are really beneficial for our company.

We run 100, 200, 300, 400 and 500 dollar specials, last year we brought in about 50,000 before labor/fuel/insurance/repairs with last years leaf clean-up for the last 7-8 weeks of fall just before winter.
Our tactic was 8=30x40 tarps, 4=12x16 ? tarps, tent stakes walk behind leaf blowers, backpack blowers, 2 trucks, 2 18' trailers with 6ft sides.
We layed 1 tarp in the trailer ran rope to the front of the trailer attached to the tarp, we would fill the trailer with leaves and every 4 feet of loose leaves we would layer another tarp on top of the leaves and tarp and add another rope.
We did not skimp on the tarps, we payed good money for the thicker tarps.
We would manage at least 5 clean-ups a day with 3 guys last year.
The lawn mower was used to pull the tarps back to the trailer, the tent stakes held down the tarp when we loaded it with the walk behind blower and backpacks.

The only hard time we had was loading the big fatroll on the tarp after it was 1/2 way on the trailer lol.

2 men pulling the tarp into the trailer 1/2 way and the other guy to help lift the fat roll bulge on the other half of the tarp with leaves up over the end of the trailer.

At times we would manage to knock out 10 or 11 of the 200 dollar cleanups last year.