Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-24-2010, 01:15 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yard-Dawg View Post
If I was to buy a Snapper Hi-Vac mower and then had to take is and wire the SP lever so it will not snag on things AND even after that I can only operate it with my right hand AND then fix the recoil so it will not get tangeled in the chute design AND then fight with that stupid bag design that is nothing more than an old side discharge deck converted to a rear bag....I would hang my head in shame for buying it!

Like I have said before, it is designed by an idiot that does not use a mower!
Each to his own.

Though I am considering getting the light duty toro. but I still like my snappers
Old 07-24-2010, 01:24 AM
LawnSite Member

hoda hrc216 commercial they run about 1300 canadian 2 year warrenty and they bagg great mulch great also i own 4 of them and have had 2 for 4 year and they still runn like they are new
Old 07-24-2010, 01:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yard-Dawg View Post
I have tried a lot of different avenues to dispose of the clippings & leaves.

A few years ago I was able to take dry leaves in the fall and run them through my shredder mixed with old manure and then sell it back to some customers by the barrel (45 gal) in the spring, then get the job of roto-tilling them in....it was a win-win for all. But last year was real wet and then freeze up came so there was no dry leaves they were just soggy and would not shred.

Clippings I have offered to deliver for free to a few horse owners on the outskirts of town but no takers. Since our compose program closed/failed there is only one option left and that is why I bag and leave on site.

If anyone has a good solution for disposing of grass clippings I am all ears?

I do have a couple of customers that request that we just dump them in the garden area and then they spread them around to walk on between rows and in the fall they get tilled in.....that is an ideal situation but not all customers have a garden.

The best would be to find a buyer for them...lol

check with your local bark mulch supplyier or dirt yard they will compost then mix it in with the soil then sell it to landscapers and people needing composted bark mulch or orgaint blended soil
Old 08-04-2010, 02:47 AM
LawnSite Member

We offered bagging years ago.... With multiple herniated disks it does not happen anymore. Lol!
We run all mulching equipment.

C.

Tags
ariens , commercial-grade mower , equipment , mower advice , push mower