Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-25-2010, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Toro Z500 or G3?

Which one of these do you guys recommend? Anyone out there using these? Thoughts?
Old 06-25-2010, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a z500, w/o the turbo force deck (model 74248). I love it, but I have heard the new g3's are nicer, I would like to have my gas tanks off the side and underneath, should help on the hills. Also you dont have the worry of punching a hole in it. Make sure to get the suspension seat, the regular seat would be a little rough on the back.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have the G3. 60 inch, 29 Kohler EFI. Great mower. So responsive, it handles like a sports car. Fun to drive. (Yes, Doug, it's very good on hills.) I didn't even demo the z500 because I heard so much praise for the G3, and when I tried it I was immediately sold.

Remember, if you have a good Exmark dealer in your area, and you're considering the G3, price it against the Exmark Lazer. Except for the decks, they're virtually the same machine.

Hopefully someone who has actually tried both will chime in for you. And I can't stress enough the importance of demoing. When it comes right down to it, your opinion on how it performs in your cutting conditions is the only opinion that matters.

YourSkiCoach.com
Old 06-25-2010, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Member

I just purchased a 2010 Lazer Z Advantage series X 52" with the Ultra Vac system. Everything is great about the mower, but if you plan on buying a bagger system for which ever mower Toro or Exmark, make sure you get a big enough motor. I opted for the Kohler 23 and thought it would be fine only from past experiences. Well its does fine with out the bagger on it, but with the bagger on it I wish i spent the extra money for the bigger motor. For right now I can live with it, but in the future im gonna spend the extra money for the bigger motor. These new Lazer's are awsome and smooooooth.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The 500 series deck is esier to adjust.