Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-01-2010, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

FYI On Better Outdoor Products 32" dually

Some issues I found with my 32" dually are the clutch chews the deck belt if the rear of the deck is set at the highest position.This limits the maximum height to about 3.5" not 4".This is caused by misalignment of pulleys between motor and deck and deflection of belt while spinning the blades.This causes the belt to hit the ears on clutch which destroys the belt and or ejects the belt off .Called BOP only known fix is to drop the rear of the deck and they sent me a belt right out. Also found the unit was very very touchy while driving and very little inputs to the tillers made the unit yaw side to side and not track straight I took care of that problem by installing dampers on the tillers and that fixed the problem .Now unit drives nicely. These dampers should be on every machine leaving the factory IMO. I also bought the sulky for my unit thinking it would help me out from time to time on certain jobs but found the machine was too light in the front and trying to make turns with unit tore up the turf and I constantly found myself having to step off unit in turns .I feel it was a waste of money for me .Now in its defense I do weigh 260lbs so someone lighter may have a different opinion or outcome.The sulky itself weighs a ton and is very heavy duty. The last issue I have is the deck clogging up with wet grass which every quick owner seems to have hopefully the new blades coming out will fix this issue. I have owned the unit for a couple months now and I'm on the fence weather I made the right decision on buying this mower and not buying a 32"wright stander.I will tell you this if I would have had the chance to test drive one of these before purchasing I wouldn't have bought it due to way the unit drove without dampers installed. My advice to someone on the fence is to contact BOP and see if they can get you hooked up with someone in your area that has one so you can see for yourself how the unit performs .I live in Balto. Md if anyone close wants to test mine outHas anyone else found any other issues with there unit?
Old 07-01-2010, 04:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Same issue with my Quick Dually 36...very jumpy at the controls...I have some weights on the casters and that has helped a lot...what size dampers did you use, If I may ask...that looks like an easy fix. My 36 is mainly a back up mower for me right now so it rarely comes off the trailer...I have no other issues though...overall I am happy with it, but you are so correct in saying these mowers should have the dampers factory installed as a normal part of the mower...BOP is not getting this message either as I have asked them why they don't use them (dampers) and never got a reply...
Redmax EBZ8001 Backpack Blower
Stihl FS90 string trimmer
Stihl Kombi 130 System w/cultivator/trimmer/edger/power brooms
SnoWay 29 series 8ft plow
Old 07-01-2010, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Mowbiz get a hold of Tommy at BOP I have worked with him on this and they fabbed up a bracket and dampers for units .I don't know if they offer it as a kit yet but they could tell you part numbers of the dampers they ended up using.They used Bobcat dampers and I used exmark on mine .Can't remember the part numbers off the top of my head but if you do a search for 32"quickie damper install it should pull up pics of my setup along with pics of BOP's bracket and damper .THIS WILL SOLVE ALL YOUR PROBLEMS WITH THE STEERING!!!!
Old 07-01-2010, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboynormmie View Post
Hey Mowbiz get a hold of Tommy at BOP I have worked with him on this and they fabbed up a bracket and dampers for units .I don't know if they offer it as a kit yet but they could tell you part numbers of the dampers they ended up using.They used Bobcat dampers and I used exmark on mine .Can't remember the part numbers off the top of my head but if you do a search for 32"quickie damper install it should pull up pics of my setup along with pics of BOP's bracket and damper .THIS WILL SOLVE ALL YOUR PROBLEMS WITH THE STEERING!!!!
Okay...will do...thanks for the info!
Redmax EBZ8001 Backpack Blower
Stihl FS90 string trimmer
Stihl Kombi 130 System w/cultivator/trimmer/edger/power brooms
SnoWay 29 series 8ft plow