Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-01-2010, 11:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Lubricants

Has anyone ever tried any Amsoil lubricants with their machinery? A dealer stopped in the other day and left me some grease to try on equipment. Said he has many golf courses using the grease. Its a water resistant #2 grease. So since it was free why not give it a try. I have to say I'm very impressed!!! Anyone else ever try their oils or gas additives?
Old 07-01-2010, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yes that is what we use. Amsoil in the all the stuff but the brush mowers in those we use a tube or two of mystic no. 2 each time it goes out.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-01-2010, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply. Going to try the fuel additives. Talked to a guy who used diesel concentrate and he was blown away with results.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Member

i bought some amsoil 20w50 (or whatever the manual said to use) for my hydro system. topped the tank off being dang sure not to overfill (straight out of the mowers manual) but an hr into mowing its spraying out of sealed cap. seems to expand too much once it heats up. I dont know if this is a serious problem or not but Im a bit worried bc i really have no clue. think i should change to something else?

I'll probably switch back next time i need to top it off or change the hydro oil regardless.
John Deer JA65
Shindaiwa T242
Sthil BG65
Husqvarna BP150
Old 07-01-2010, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaley927 View Post
i bought some amsoil 20w50 (or whatever the manual said to use) for my hydro system. topped the tank off being dang sure not to overfill (straight out of the mowers manual) but an hr into mowing its spraying out of sealed cap. seems to expand too much once it heats up. I dont know if this is a serious problem or not but Im a bit worried bc i really have no clue. think i should change to something else?

I'll probably switch back next time i need to top it off or change the hydro oil regardless.
I really doubt that was a function of the oil. I wonder if you had air left in the system which expanded.

To the op. I think you will find the Amsoil grease to be very water resistant and that it stays put much longer. It is highly regarded for these properties among truckers, for use on fifth wheel pivot points, slack adjusters, and other suspension parts exposed to road spray, extreme forces, etc.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Amzoil

Amzoil in Scag Turf tiger and Honda push mower. Amzoil grease on Scag fittings and trailer bearings.(Also camper) Now using Amzoil fuel additive in truck and honda oddysey. Also I have been using the 2 stroke mix in my trimmers and blowers.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Thinking about becoming dealer. Do these guys make any money?