Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-05-2010, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That sucks. As I told the hunter rep , Im not worried about customers going there and buying them . My concern is them walking by the isle and seeing the price.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Saw a big hunter end cap at the Sacramento store when I was doing my brothers install.

After three years of intense blocking by both environmental groups and anti-growth groups a Lowes is being built in our community.

Husqvarna ruined their brand by licensing out cheap lawn mowers and putting their chain saws in Home Depot and Ace. If you ask me Hunter is going the same route.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The world of professional irrigation can easily tolerate the complete absence of Hunter products.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
The world of professional irrigation can easily tolerate the complete absence of Hunter products.
I second that... their slogan says it all....

Old 07-05-2010, 08:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Take your prices from the distributor , go and buy your hunter from home depot and make them beat the price by 10 per cent like they advertize . Hunter has moved up there now in home depot , they have taken their rightfull place right next to orbit and rainmaster
Old 07-05-2010, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

There are only so many major patents still in effect in the world of sprinklers. It isn't so much about innovation as it is about execution, and customer service.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hunter/Toro/Rainbird/They all stab contractors in the back. We build the brand they screw us like a bunch of Chinese communists using slave labor and calling that capitalism.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Could we all afford to install Calsense controllers and (fire up the WABAC Machine) Thompson popup rotors?
Old 07-05-2010, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
Hunter/Toro/Rainbird/They all stab contractors in the back. We build the brand they screw us like a bunch of Chinese communists using slave labor and calling that capitalism.
oh if only it were only that simple.... I don't think it's really the cost of the labor itself... it's the cost of all of the other bull$hit that goes along with employing people in this country.... and we won't even get into the issue of environmental regulations.... bottom line.... we as a country have done this to ourselves!
Old 07-05-2010, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Just read BRAVE NEW WORLD again. what an insightful book. A statist humanity is doomed. In his original book (1932) he thought it would be a 600 year event. In his forward in the reprint in 1946 he changed his timeline to 100 years. Whatever the reality ......a country of minions cannot be defeated by freedom regression. They can be easily defeated with examples of real freedom and the rights of the individual man in its highest form. Collectivism can only be defeated through individualism.
Unions used to fight for higher wages and a share of corporate profits. Those unions are pretty much dead. Now unions fight for higher taxes and being on the taxpayers dole. At one time even unions thought is was unpatriotic for govt employees to unionize.